So, the news is out that Manilla, the popular money management app is shutting down on July 1st, 2014.
It is a sad news to me, personally, as I’ve been a regular user of Manilla. It was a neat app that would give me bill payment reminders and effectively helped me manage my personal finance portfolio.
Now that the app is going down, a question from many users like me would be – What happens to my data?
It is scary, to know what Manilla had all my financial data. I trusted it. What happens now?
Well, the best thing you can do is go delete the account and ensure that none of your data remains on the site.
I’m sure it is still sitting somewhere out there and there might be no guaranteed and 100% way to delete everything off. But it’s better than leaving it undeleted.
Here’s what you should do.
Steps to delete your Manilla account
1. Go to your Manilla app account.
2. On the top right hand menu click “Manage Accounts”
3. Now all your linked accounts will show up.
4. Click on the arrow button next to each account and it will reveal your account login details.
5. Click on the “Delete Account” link on each account to delete your data. Do this for all accounts you have linked.
After you have deleted all the linked accounts, you should delete your profile from Manilla. Follow steps below.
6. Click on the top right screen “Manage profile”
7. Scroll down to the footer area of your profile settings.
8. You should see a link that says “Delete your Manilla account”. Click on it and confirm.
That’s it. All your accounts have now been deleted from Manilla.
Want to improve your credit score? You first need to know where it stands now. Visit SuperMoney’s credit score search engine and find the most convenient way to check and repair your credit.
Need cash in a hurry but don’t know which personal loan company you can trust? Supermoney is here to help you find the best options for all you loan needs.