Sometimes, it takes more than the latest best-selling novel or inspirational blog post to get yourself pumped to tackle every day like it’s your last. And really, who has the time?
But if powerful, passionate and educational speeches are your thing, an 18-minute long TEDx or TED Talk video could be the ticket. Along with a complete breakfast, it’s a perfect way to start your day—or to spend your snack or coffee break. You’re bound to come away with invigorating and new perspectives that can really shake up your day–or even your life. Check out some of these TED Talks for instant, thought-provoking inspiration:
In this article
- 1 1. Your elusive creative genius, Elizabeth Gilbert
- 2 2. The skill of self-confidence, Dr. Ivan Joseph
- 3 3. Why work doesn’t happen at work, Jason Fried
- 4 4. A kinder, gentler philosophy of success, Alain de Botton
- 5 5. How to quit your life and reboot, Priya Parker
- 6 6. Rethinking the way we sit down, Niels Diffrient
- 7 7. Flow, the secret to happiness, Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- 8 8. Smash fear, learn anything, Tim Ferriss
- 9 9. The power of time off, Stefan Sagmeister
- 10 10. All it takes is 10 mindful minutes, Andy Puddicombe
1. Your elusive creative genius, Elizabeth Gilbert
Fascinating insight from the successful author of “Eat, Pray, Love” about finding the mysterious source of creative genius.
2. The skill of self-confidence, Dr. Ivan Joseph
This former soccer coach discusses positive thinking and how critical it is in life to believe in ourselves.
3. Why work doesn’t happen at work, Jason Fried
Thought leader and speaker Jason Fried talks about the main reasons why the office isn’t really the best place for getting any work done. Pretty much answering why it’s better (and cheaper) to work from home.
4. A kinder, gentler philosophy of success, Alain de Botton
Philosophy guru Alain de Botton ponders the basic ideas of success and failure and reveals the anxiety underlying it all.
5. How to quit your life and reboot, Priya Parker
The Thrive Labs creator pinpoints 7 important techniques to help you connect with the purpose and passion in your life, get over your fears and make something happen.
6. Rethinking the way we sit down, Niels Diffrient
Well-known industrial designer Niels Diffrient completely redesigns the office chair as we know it.
7. Flow, the secret to happiness, Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
Psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi breaks down the secret to happiness.
8. Smash fear, learn anything, Tim Ferriss
You’ve read his thought-provoking book–now see what the productivity guru has to say about discovering who you really are when you try to learn something new.
9. The power of time off, Stefan Sagmeister
Designer Stefan Sagmeister explores the powerful reasons behind the long sabbatical he routinely takes from his work.
10. All it takes is 10 mindful minutes, Andy Puddicombe
Can you do absolutely nothing for 10 whole minutes? Mindfulness expert Andy Puddicombe tells you why should try this at home on a daily basis.
TED Talks are the college lectures that you wish you had but never knew about. Just sit back, soak it all in and enjoy the benefits of someone else’s hard-earned experience and wisdom.
Need cash in a hurry but don’t know which personal loan company you can trust? Supermoney is here to help you find the best options for all you loan needs.