It’s time to party – Fourth of July style. You’ve probably picked your party theme, but if you haven’t, read our last post: 24 Last-Minute Party Ideas for the Fourth of July! Once you’ve got your theme sorted, it’s time to make the meal about more than grilled hot dogs and sodas. We’ve found some pretty cool ideas on Pinterest that will both impress your guests and keep things patriotic.
Cool off with Something Sweet
1. Fourth of July Popsicles (The Not So Super Mama)
Start things off by keeping it cool and simple. Don’t think popsicles are easy to make? These are just blended fruit and yogurt frozen in Dixie cups.
2. Fireworks Red, White and Blue Daiquiris (Food Network)
We’ve got your adult guests covered, too. How about some red, white and blue daiquiris? Be careful, we’ve heard they have a kick!
3. The Sparkler (BB a la Carte)
Fun, fruity and fresh. Any drink that has Pop Rocks, soda, and fresh blueberries and strawberries is sure to be a hit!
Let’s Get Snacking!
4. Red White and Blue Chex Mix (Tablespoon)
Impress your guests with this clever appetizer featuring chocolate, pretzels and Chex snack mix. Oh, and let’s not forget the marshmallows.
5. Red White and Blue Parfaits (Better Homes and Gardens)
Easy to make and yummy in the tummy, these perfect parfaits are sure to be a party favorite.
6. Red, White and Blue Chips and Salsa (Pinterest)
Don’t go for the same old, same old salsa. Make it a dip with a twist. This healthy finger food is perfect for the fourth.
But What’s for Dinner?
7. Red, White and Blue Potato Salad (MyRecipes)
Start your meal off with something simple – potato salad. But to make it festive, use fingerling, red, and blue potatoes in this recipe.
8. Blue Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Burger (Can You Stay For Dinner?)
Remember our list of amazing burger recipes to try before 30? We had to bring this blue cheese burger back, if only to be reminded of it’s deliciousness.
9. Should Be Illegal BBQ RIbs (KichMe)
The recipe says they should be illegal … and we agree, but what would a Fourth of July be without a little barbecue? Serve with coleslaw and blue tortilla chips and you’ll win the award for most American dish.
10. Tortellini Kabobs (Real Women and Homes)
Are you hungry yet? We are. Though these look complicated, they’re simply tri-color tortellini, cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella!
Top it Off With Dessert
11. Summer Berry Fourth of July Cupcakes (The Cupcake Blog)
It’s cupcakes … with a twist. Make your own American flag using blueberries and raspberries on white-frosted cupcakes. Super easy to make if you’re short on time.
12. Red, White and Blueberry Crisp (Veggie and the Beast)
“A fruity, sweet, and tart berry crisp perfect for hot summer days.” How she managed not to eat it before snapping pictures is beyond us.
13. Red, White, and Blue Chocolate Dipped Strawberries (Life Tastes Like Food)
What could be simpler than dipping strawberries in white chocolate and drizzling on blue icing? Bet you can’t just have one.
14. 4th of July Marshmallow Pops (The Ravenous Couple)
Finish the day off with a marshmallow roast. Go a little crazy and dip them in chocolate, or blue icing from the dipped strawberries. Sprinkles optional.
However you decide to celebrate your Fourth of July, we hope you have a fun, food-filled and safe holiday!
Need cash in a hurry but don’t know which personal loan company you can trust? Supermoney is here to help you find the best options for all you loan needs.