CuraDebt is a provider of debt and tax relief programs. This review provides an in-depth review of its services.
Whether you have tax or regular debt problems, you have three main options you can take: get credit counseling, get a debt consolidation loan, or apply for a debt settlement. You can attempt to do this by yourself or hire the services of professional companies.
Usually, companies specialize in one type of debt relief. For instance, Debtmerica provides debt settlement services; FreedomPlus arranges debt consolidation loans; and Optima Tax Relief, well, offers tax relief services. In the case of CuraDebt, debt relief, debt consolidation loans, and tax services are all available under one roof.
CuraDebt Systems, LLC in a nutshell
- CuraDebt System is a Nevada limited liability company that is also registered as an out-of-state corporation in Florida. Although it has offices in Florida and Nevada, it also provides some of its services from Colombia. For some reason, this has many reviewers riled up. We prefer to consider results and customer reviews — not office location — when determining the value of a company.
- It was founded in 2000 by Eric Pemper. With over 16 years of experience, it is one of the oldest debt relief companies that is still in business. Since it was founded, it has helped over 20,000 businesses and individuals manage their debt problems.
- CuraDebt is a member of the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC), and its ensures its debt specialists pass the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA) accreditation.
- It has CPAs and tax lawyers on staff.
What services does CuraDebt offer?
CuraDebt provides credit counseling, debt consolidation loans, and debt settlement services. Because of its broad scope of services, CuraDebt accepts clients with smaller debt amounts than other debt relief firms. While most debt relief services set the minimum debt amount at $10,000 or $7,000, CuraDebt will consider debt balances as low as $7,500, and in some cases, even lower. For instance, in March 2016, it helped a resident of Mesa, Arizona, settle a $3,948 debt with American Express for $1,381.81, a 65% saving.
CuraDebt also provides help with tax problems, such as tax liens, wage garnishments, and delinquent payroll tax issues. It will even help clients file their tax returns.
What types of debt does CuraDebt help with?
CuraDebt helps with most types of unsecured loans, such as credit cards, personal loans, lines of credit, medical bills, collections and repossessions, and business debts. However, unlike most debt relief companies, it also helps with IRS debt and, in certain cases, with lawsuits and student loans.
How much does CuraDebt’s debt relief program cost?
CuraDebt’s fees vary depending on the type of service and the debt balance. On average, clients pay 20% of the total debt amount enrolled in the program. To illustrate, if you enroll $20,000, your fees will probably be around $4,000. However, there are no upfront fees. You only pay when a debt account is closed
Where is CuraDebt available?
As of September 2016, CuraDebt’s debt relief services are not available to residents in Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, North Dakota, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and West Virginia.
Its tax relief services are available in all states except Colorado and Illinois.
What to look out for when working with CuraDebt?
- CuraDebt has an F rating with the BBB. This is enough to give anyone pause until you notice CuraDebt only has one complaint filed with the BBB within the last three years. That is extraordinary for a company with such a large volume of clients. So why the F rating? BBB claims CuraDebt violated BBB’s copyright by claiming it was a member when they had not paid the annual fees to be accredited by the BBB.
- CuraDebt’s debt relief services are not available in all states.
What are the pros of hiring CuraDebt’s services?
- CuraDebt is a one-stop debt and tax relief company. As well as debt settlement services, it also provides debt consolidation loans and credit counseling.
- It has a lower minimum debt amount than most debt relief companies, just $7,500.
- CuraDebt is one of the most experienced debt relief and tax relief companies.
- It has tax attorneys and CPAs on staff
- CuraDebt’s fees (average of 20% of debt enrolled) are lower than the fees many other debt relief companies charge.
- It offers a free tax and debt relief consultation. free tax and debt relief consultation