Refinancing is the process of replacing a loan with a second, more affordable loan, usually with lower interest rates and a more attractive loan term. This helps graduates who are struggling to make their monthly payments to get their debt back under control.
Splash Financial claims to offer market leading rates and 95% customer satisfaction. Plus, you can get a quote in under three minutes and it won’t hurt your credit score. Sound intriguing?
Read on to learn if refinancing with Splash Financial is right for you.
Splash Financial quick look
Here’s a quick overview of Splash Financial’s loan offerings:
- General student loan refinancing.
- Funded by credit unions and banks.
- Available in all 50 states and Washington D.C.
- Fixed and variable interest rates available.
- Autopay discount of 0.25% available.
- Loan terms: 5, 8, 12, and 15 years.
- Loan amounts from $7,500 to $300,000.
- Co-signer release available.
- No structured forbearance/deferment policies.
- No application, origination, or prepayment fees.
- Get a quick rate quote online without affecting your credit score.
- Referral bonus of $250.
- Funding time within two weeks of approval.
Let’s dig deeper into Splash Financial and its offerings.
The story behind “Splash” Financial
You know the saying, “Make a splash in the world?” Well, student loan debt holds many graduates shy away from taking risks because of their student debt burden.
Splash Financial aims to give graduates their power back so they can make their splash. It does so with its refinancing offers, which help to reduce the cost and time needed to repay student loan debt.
Can you qualify with Splash Financial?
In order to qualify for refinancing with Splash Financial, you must possess the following criteria:
- An annual income of $42,000.
- Credit score of 700.
- A debt-to-income ratio of under 40%.
- No bankruptcy filings.
- U.S. citizenship.
- Graduate degree from a Title IV-accredited school with a bachelor’s degree or higher.
If you don’t meet these requirements, you can still apply, but you’ll need a cosigner.
Forbearance and deferment options
What does Splash Financial offer in terms of forbearance and deferment? It doesn’t have formal programs in place. If you face financial hardship, the company advises you to contact it as soon as possible. While it may be able to work with you, there is no guarantee. This is an area where the company has room for improvement.
You can refer friends and family to Splash Financial to earn extra cash. If someone signs up, you and your referral’s recipient will each receive a $250 cash bonus.
How to get pre-approved for refinancing
To find out if you qualify and receive your prospective rates, visit the Splash Financial website and follow these steps. The process is completely free, and will not affect your credit score.
1. Click “Get My Rate.”
2. Enter your email address.
3. Enter your password and click “Get My Rate.”
4. Provide your personal information details.
5. Share your financial information.
6. Enter your education history.
7. Read and agree to the terms and conditions, and click “Check My Rate.”
Splash Financial uses the information you provide to predict if it will be able to arrange a loan that fits your needs.
If a loan product is available, the company will present you the rate offers and invite you to submit an official application. Note, the rate quote is not a guarantee of approval by Splash Financial or any of its lenders.
To apply, have the following documents ready:
- Proof of graduation.
- Loan payoff statements.
- Pay stubs for the past three months.
- Proof of citizenship.
- Proof of identity.
- Annual income proof.
While quote process does not impact your credit report, the loan application will.
Is Splash Financial right for you?
Here is a list of the benefits and the drawbacks to consider.
- Competitive interest rates (fixed and variable).
- Nice range of loan terms.
- High customer satisfaction rankings.
- Easy online application and loan management.
- $250 referral bonus.
- Autopay discount.
- Serves entire country.
- Enables faster repayment in many cases.
- No established forbearance or deferment policies.
- Semi-strict qualification requirements.
- May not offer the best rates.
Splash Financial is a reputable company serving graduates across the country. If you are looking to refinance your student debt, it is a viable option to consider. And since you can easily get a quote online in a few minutes, there’s no harm in checking out their offer.
However, before making a final decision, be sure to compare Splash Financial’s offer to at least two others. Many companies allow for near-instant online quotes and may be able to beat Splash’s offer. It’s in your best interest to shop around.
We can help make shopping around easy. Click here to compare personalized student loan refinance offers side-by-side! Our lenders are all vetted and the process won’t hurt your credit score.