Chase has unveiled a new credit card called Chase Freedom Rise℠, specially designed for new-to-credit customers. It aims to make credit more accessible, and having a Chase checking account can increase approval chances. The card offers a 1.5% cash back on purchases with no annual fee or reward redemption minimum.
Introducing the Chase Freedom Rise℠ Credit Card
On June 12, 2023, Chase unveiled the Chase Freedom Rise℠ credit card, the latest addition to its Freedom portfolio of cards. This card targets customers who are new to credit, creating a pathway to financial independence. Applications are now open at Chase branches nationwide.
Special Features for New-to-Credit Customers
Brent Reinhard, General Manager of Chase Freedom, said, “Chase Freedom Rise is built so that customers can improve their chances of getting approved by simply having or opening a Chase checking account.” The card not only facilitates credit building but also offers benefits such as 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
Benefits and Resources
Chase Freedom Rise cardholders can enjoy benefits like a $25 reward for enrolling in autopay within the first 3 months of account opening, access to Chase Credit Journey to check their credit score for free, 24/7 fraud monitoring, and educational resources to aid credit development.
Here is a list of the benefits and the drawbacks to consider.
- 1.5% cash back on all purchases
- Chase checking account can improve approval chances
- No annual fee
- Must have a Chase checking account with a $250 balance within two days of card application for higher approval chances
- Available only in branches, not digitally until 2024
- Chase Freedom Rise℠ is the new credit card from Chase for new-to-credit customers.
- The card offers a 1.5% cash back on every purchase with no minimum to redeem rewards.
- Having a Chase checking account increases the likelihood of approval.
- Additional benefits include $25 reward for enrolling in autopay, access to free credit score checks, and 24/7 fraud monitoring.