Family Dollar discount stores are popular places to stock up on household goods for low prices. Family Dollar stores allow customers to withdraw cash at the register as long as they use a debit card. The maximum cash-back limit is $50, and there is a maximum $1.50 fee for this service.
Family Dollar is one of the most popular discount stores in America, especially for people who want to have affordable candy, food, and cleaning supplies on hand. This store is great for quick trips. And as it turns out, you can also get cash back pretty affordably while you’re checking out. However, there are some key facts you need to be aware of when you hit the register. Let’s take a look at Family Dollar’s cash-back policy.
Do Family Dollar stores offer cash back?
Yes, every Family Dollar store has a cash-back option at the cash register. However, this option is only available if you are using a debit card to pay for your purchases. To get cash back, pay with a debit card and select the cash-back option on the point-of-sale terminal.
It’s important to recognize that the debit card requirement relates to a need for a legitimate checking account. If you do not have a bank account, it will be hard to find a store that will allow you to get cash back at the register. You can use our comparison tool to read reviews and find the best checking account for you.
What’s the most cash back you can get from one transaction at Family Dollar?
The maximum amount of cash back you can get from a single transaction is $50. Certain Family Dollar locations may have lower maximums, but that’s often at the discretion of the management.
Does Family Dollar have ATMs?
While all Family Dollar locations offer cash back at the register, it’s good to know that many locations also have an alternative. If you feel like withdrawing cash in larger quantities, many locations contain a store ATM for that purpose.
The ATMs at Family Dollar allow you to withdraw larger sums of money for a slightly higher fee. However, not all store locations will have an ATM inside their store. To prevent disappointment, it’s best to check with your local branch to see if they offer that service.
How much is the cash-back fee at Family Dollar?
The cash-back fee generally ranges from $1 to $1.50 per transaction, depending on the circumstances. The more cash back you request, the higher the cash-back fees are going to be.
Can you get cash back with a credit card at Family Dollar?
While other grocery stores and discount stores may allow you to withdraw money from your credit card, this is not an option at Family Dollar. You can only get cash back with a debit card.
Does Family Dollar have its own credit card that offers cash back?
Family Dollar is not one of the few grocery store chains that have their own credit card, although that could change in the future.
Some grocery and discount stores, including Target and Walmart, do have their own store credit cards that help customers earn cash-back rewards. You can browse our credit card reviews to find out which cash-back rewards cards offer the best perks.
Can you cash a check at Family Dollar?
No, you cannot cash a check at Family Dollar. However, you can pay via check in most locations. It’s important to remember that this store chain only accepts pre-printed checks that can also be verified with your identification.
What other convenience stores offer cash-back transactions?
If you need cash back at another dollar store or grocery store, you’re in luck. These stores offer cash back in one way or another:
- Dollar Tree. They offer up to $50 cash back at the register, with a $1 fee.
- Costco. This is one of the few department stores that offer a cash-back service similar to Dollar Tree’s.
- Dollar General. This is the biggest competitor to Family Dollar, with over 18,000 locations. Dollar General stores offer up to $40 cash back at the register.
- CITGO. You can get up to $40 cash back at the register at CITCO convenience stores. They also have a rewards credit card that you can use to earn cash back on fuel.
- Target. Target stores offer up to $40 cash back at the register.
- Walmart. Walmart offers cash back at almost every store location, too.
- CVS. You can get up to $35 cash back at CVS. You just have to make a purchase.
- Albertson’s. Albertson’s is one of the most well-known grocery stores to offer cash back, with a notoriously high maximum cash-back limit of $300 in some locations.
Trying to figure out all of the ways you can earn cash back while you shop can be overwhelming. Why not start with a basic article about the definition of cash back and how to enjoy the benefits? Then you can explore our roundup of the best cash-back credit cards.
Does Family Dollar do CashApp?
If you need to load your CashApp card, it’s possible to do so at your local Family Dollar. All you need to do is ask the receptionist for help, and they’ll walk you through the process.
Does Family Dollar allow Google Pay or Apple Pay?
Family Dollar accepts both Google Pay and Apple Pay as payment methods. However, you may not always receive cash back on cards linked to them. You also cannot get extra cash at checkout using these payment methods.
Can I get cash back with Apple Pay at Family Dollar?
If your Apple Card is linked to your Apple Pay, then you will get cash-back bonuses to your account through Apple. However, you cannot use Apple Pay to get cash back at the register.
Does Family Dollar do cash back with Google Pay?
No. Family Dollar currently only allows cash back from debit card purchases.
Does Family Dollar sell gift cards for other stores?
If there’s a service that Family Dollar does best, it’s facilitating financial transactions through gift cards. Currently, this chain offers a total of 67 different gift cards for sale at their store locations, from Best Buy to The Cheesecake Factory.
Does Family Dollar accept SNAP or EBT?
Yes. Family Dollar accepts SNAP and EBT at all their locations.
- Family Dollar offers cash back at checkout, but only on purchases made with a debit card.
- The maximum cash-back limit is currently $50.
- You need to pay a small fee of $1.50 or less to withdraw cash from your card while you’re at Family Dollar.
- In certain store locations, you may need to request cash back directly from the cashier.
- It may be a good deal to get cash back at Family Dollar because the fees charged are lower than typical ATM fees.
- Other stores that offer cash back at the register include Walmart, Target, Dollar Tree, and Dollar General.