Wawa gas stations do not offer cash back at the register, but each store has an ATM where you can withdraw cash without a store surcharge. Wawa’s credit cards only give cash back rewards on fuel as a perk, but the Wawa Rewards program can help you get other freebies.
Wawa is one of the most popular stops on the road in New Jersey and other east coast states, and for good reason. The bathrooms are clean, the food is great, and we all “gotta have a Wawa!” Though the subs are delicious and the gas is well-priced, you might also want to withdraw cash when you hit the road.
You will not be able to withdraw cash while checking out at a Wawa, but you can get cash in the store. It’s also important to know that Wawa has a rewards card that can help you save money on gas and food and a store credit card with some cash-back benefits. Read about all the details below.
Does Wawa do cash back at the register?
If you are looking to withdraw cash during your checkout, Wawa is not the place to do it. Part of the store’s company-wide cash-back policy is that they don’t allow you to do a cash withdrawal at the register. This is true regardless of whether you are paying with a debit card, a credit card, or a check.
How do you withdraw cash at a Wawa?
Because you can’t withdraw money at checkout, Wawa made cash accessible by offering an ATM in every Wawa store. The Wawa ATM allows you to withdraw cash using a debit card.
Do Wawa ATMs charge fees?
Typically, Wawa ATMs are surcharge-free, but it is possible that you may still have an ATM fee depending on which bank you use.
Wawa ATMs are great for pulling out extra money on the ride home simply because finding surcharge-free ATMs isn’t easy to do. Most stores in this chain have ATMs provided by Citibank.
How much is the withdrawal limit at a Wawa ATM?
Most stores do not technically have a withdrawal limit for ATMs, but you may see a posted withdrawal limit next to the ATM if there is one. Your personal bank will have a withdrawal limit that you have to abide by. This will vary from bank to bank.
Can I get cash back from a Wawa Rewards account?
While Wawa stores don’t offer cash back in the traditional sense, they do offer ways to save money and treat yourself to freebies. Here’s what you need to know:
- You get a free beverage upon signing up. You can redeem it at any Wawa location near you. At the time of this writing, you have to redeem the beverage within 24 hours of signup.
- In order to get other rewards, you have to spend a minimum of $50. From there, you get to choose the reward you want. Most of the time, you can choose from free food or deeply discounted items.
- Rewards are only gained on eligible purchases. This means that you can’t get rewards for items like cigarettes, alcohol, tobacco, or gas. Other exclusions may apply, so it’s best to check on the app. (If you want to save money on gas, you can get the Wawa Credit Card.)
- You can link a Wawa gift card to your Wawa Rewards account. This occasionally allows you to get rewards straight to your gift card. This is as close to “Wawa cash” as you are going to get.
- You cannot withdraw cash from a Wawa Rewards account, directly or indirectly. This is true regardless of the reward you get. This is just a discount program that offers free coffees and treats — not a cash-back program.
How do you join the Wawa Rewards program?
You can join the Wawa Rewards program by downloading the app and signing up for the service, or you can sign up at Wawa.com. Every time you scan the barcode from your Wawa Rewards account when you check out, you rack up rewards.
What are Wawa Bonus Rewards?
Bonus Rewards are an easy way for Wawa Rewards members to save money without spending money. Unlike Wawa’s typical rewards that you get for every $50 spent on qualifying purchases, you do not have to spend any cash in order to earn these rewards. They’re just gifts from the company to you.
Does the Wawa Credit Card offer cash back on purchases?
Currently, the Wawa Credit Card only offers cash back on fuel. You receive $.05 per gallon of gas purchased as a statement credit each month (and $.50 per gallon the first month after you get the card.) So if you want to save money at your local gas station, it could pay off.
Can you withdraw cash from a Wawa gift card?
Sadly, no. Wawa is a gas station that is pretty strict about cash back from cards. As a result, you can’t withdraw money from their gift cards. However, having that Wawa gift card can be very handy if you love their sandwiches or coffees. This way, you don’t have to dip into your checking account for your next snack.
Which gas stations offer cash back?
Cash back is hard to come by at a gas station — at least without having to pay an ATM fee. However, there are several gas stations that offer cash back at the register. These include:
- Circle K
- Phillips 66
What stores offer cash back without a fee?
Most stores that offer cash back do so without a fee. CVS stores, for example, do not charge fees on cash back at the register. The only catch is that you may have to spend a minimum purchase amount before you can ask for cash back. This is often between $5 to $10.
How do you redeem rewards from the Wawa Rewards Program?
You will need to spend the $50 minimum purchase amount and scan your membership code from the app. (You can also use a keychain tag, if you have one.) Once you’ve hit the minimum for the rewards, you can do the following:
- Go to the app and hit “Rewards.” You can also use the app to navigate to the screen that lets you redeem your rewards.
- Wawa will offer you three rewards to choose from. You can pick one of these Wawa offers. Click the offer you want to grab.
- Wawa will give you a code to scan at checkout when you want to redeem the reward. Make sure that you scan it when you want to redeem it.
- Enjoy your rewards! Wawa’s food puts most convenience stores to shame, so it’s a treat worth trying.
Does Wawa accept Apple Pay?
Apple Pay and Google Pay are both accepted at most Wawa stores. So, if you are on a run and don’t have cash on hand, it’s okay to use your Apple Pay to complete your transaction. This particular payment method is available in-store and through the mobile app.
Do Wawa Rewards options expire?
Yes, Wawa Rewards options can expire. If you are unsure whether or not you should redeem your option soon, check the expiration date listed on the rewards coupon in the app.
- Wawa is one of the few convenience store companies that does not offer cash back at the register.
- Wawa’s credit card also doesn’t offer cash back as a perk.
- If you want to withdraw money from a Wawa, you will need to use a Wawa ATM.
- Wawa ATMs are all surcharge-free, but you may still need to pay an ATM fee from your bank.
- How much you can withdraw from the ATM depends on your bank’s daily withdrawal limit. If the ATM has a limit, it will be posted nearby or shown on the screen.