As of September 2019, Emirates Skywards is the newest airline partner of Chase’s Ultimate Rewards Program.
What does the new Emirates Skywards partnership mean for you? If you have an eligible Chase credit card, you will now be able to convert your Chase Ultimate Rewards points into Emirates Skywards miles.
- Make transfers at a 1:1 ratio in 1,000-point increments.
- Opt to combine points with cash during redemption if you don’t have enough points.
- Redeem points toward the purchase of flights, upgrades (even first-class cabins), hotels, activities, and events.
- Use points on Emirates, flydubai, or one of Emirates’ worldwide partners.
- Prepare to pay taxes, fees, and carrier surcharges (which tend to be more expensive than with other airlines).
What is the biggest benefit? Emirates is currently the only company offering direct flights from the U.S. to Dubai, according to Google Flights. Being so, this addition can help you save money if you fly that route.
Can I transfer my Chase Ultimate Rewards into Emirates Skywards miles?
You can transfer your Ultimate Rewards points into frequent flyer miles with Chase’s airline partners, including Emirates Skywards, if you have any of these Chase credit cards:
Frequently asked questions about Chase Ultimate Rewards and travel credit cards
Next, here are the answers to commonly asked questions about Chase Ultimate Rewards.
What is the Chase Ultimate Rewards program?
Chase Ultimate Rewards is the point program for Chase-branded rewards credit cards. You can redeem points in the program for travel, gift cards, cashback, and purchases at Amazon and Apple. The value of points ranges from about one to one and a half cents, depending on the card you have and how you redeem your points.
What Chase credit cards earn Ultimate Rewards?
The Chase credit cards that earn Ultimate Rewards (as of this writing) include:
- Ink Business Preferred, Ink Business Unlimited, and Ink Business Cash credit cards.
- Sapphire Preferred and Sapphire Reserve credit cards.
- Freedom and Freedom Unlimited credit cards.
Note: While all of the above cards earn Ultimate Rewards, only three cards enable you to transfer points to airline partners. These cards are Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred, and Chase Ink Business Preferred).
Which airlines are travel partners with Chase besides Emirates Skywards?
Chase’s current airline partners include:
- Chase Ultimate Rewards airline partners
- Aer Lingus AerClub
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue
- British Airways Executive Club (Avios)
- Emirates Skywards
- Iberia Airlines Iberia Plus
- JetBlue TrueBlue
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
- United Airlines MileagePlus
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Transferring points into frequent flyer programs can help you get the most value for them.
Can I transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points between Chase credit cards?
You can transfer Ultimate Rewards between participating Chase credit cards. This can be beneficial if you have points on two Chase Ultimate Rewards credit cards but get a better redemption rate or option on one of them.
For example, say you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred card and the Chase Freedom card. If you have points on the Chase Freedom card that you want to transfer into Emirates Skywards miles, you need to transfer the points to the Sapphire Preferred card first.
Do Chase Ultimate Rewards expire?
Chase Ultimate Rewards points do not expire as long as the account remains open.
Do miles expire with Emirates?
Miles within the Emirates Skywards program are valid for three years.
How can miles be spent in the Emirates Skywards program?
Miles can be spent on flights and upgrades on the Emirates airline as well as with flydubai and several other partners worldwide. You can also redeem miles for hotel stays, activities, and tickets to sporting and cultural events.
Browse and compare travel credit cards
Do you want to take advantage of the new partnership between Chase and Emirates? If so, you need one of the qualifying Chase credit cards. Again, your three choices are the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred, and Ink Business Preferred.
Want to shop more travel credit card options?