Where does PEMCO do business?
PEMCO is an insurance carrier based in Seattle, WA. The company was founded in 1949 and offers auto insurance in 1 state in the USA.
What types of auto insurance coverage does PEMCO offer?
Although we often talk about auto insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. PEMCO offers the following types of auto insurance coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have an auto lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage:If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
PEMCO customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their policies:
- Mechanical Breakdown Coverage: If your vehicle is protected by mechanical breakdown insurance the costs of repairs (not including maintenance or normal wear and tear) are covered by your policy. However, you will need to obtain authorization from your insurance company first.
What benefits does PEMCO offer?
PEMCO offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
What discounts can you ask for when applying for a policy with PEMCO?
When you ask for a quote with PEMCO, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the discounts currently available that are specific to boat insurance.
- Alternative Fuel / Hybrid: For some reason, possibly because they drive fewer miles, people who own hybrids or alternative fuel vehicles pose a lower insurance risk. If your car is green, make sure you earn the rewards.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with PEMCO.
- Advance Purchase / Early Shopper
- Claims Free
- Defensive Driver / Safety Course
- Multiple Policy
- Multiple Vehicles
- Alternative Fuel / Hybrid
- Bodily Injury Coverage
- Property Damage Coverage
- Uninsured Motorist
- Underinsured Motorist
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Personal Injury Protection
- 24/7 Phone Availability