|Financial Strength Rating||A|
Where does The General Insurance do business?
The General Insurance is an insurance carrier based in Nashville, TN. The company was founded in 1963 and offers auto insurance in 46 states (and Washington, DC).
What types of auto insurance coverage does The General Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about auto insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. The General Insurance offers the following types of auto insurance coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have an auto lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage:If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
The General Insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their policies:
- Non-Owner Liability Coverage: This policy is designed for people who drive a vehicle they don't own. It is also used by businesses who want to provide coverage for their employees when they use their personal vehicles for work. In some cases this endorsement will also cover rental vehicles.
What benefits does The General Insurance offer?
The General Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
What discounts can you ask for when applying for a policy with The General Insurance?
When you ask for a quote with The General Insurance, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the discounts currently available that are specific to boat insurance.
- Low Annual Mileage: If you don't put many miles on your car (typically under 15,000 miles a year) you may qualify for a discount.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with The General Insurance.
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Vehicle and Equipment Discounts||
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||
|Financial Strength Rating||