Would you recommend USAA to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
USAA Auto Insurance Overview
USAA regularly receives the highest ratings for customer service and financial stability, but only members of the armed forces and their families qualify to join USAA. USAA was launched in 1922 in San Antonio, Texas, by 25 army officers who couldn’t find an insurance company that would cover their vehicles. Currently, USAA has 11.9 million members. The company is the fifth largest auto insurer and the 27th largest bank in the United States.
What Are USAA Auto Insurance’s Ratings?
USAA’s auto insurance’s ratings are phenomenal. A.M. Best gives USAA an A++ (superior) rating, their highest possible score. Moody’s gives it an Aaa (exceptional), the highest of 21 possible ratings. Standard & Poor’s rates it as AA+ (very strong), their second highest rating. The BBB gives USAA an A+ rating.
USAA’s customer satisfaction is among the highest in the industry. It regularly tops the rankings of J.D. Power’s surveys but is not included in their public ratings because it is only available to members of the armed forces and their families. USAA was ranked among the top three financial institutions in customer advocacy according to the 2014 Forrester Research report.
What Coverage Does USAA Auto Insurance Offer?
USAA provides a wide selection of auto and motorcycle insurance products. Policyholders can purchase liability insurance, collision insurance, comprehensive insurance, uninsured insurance, underinsured motorist insurance, and personal injury protection.
USAA offers additional services, such as extended vehicle protection, which insures you for expensive auto repairs. It also offers insurance for teen drivers, roadside assistance, and USAA Auto Circle: a service that helps members find, finance, and insure a new car.
What Discounts Does USAA Auto Insurance Offer?
USAA policyholders can qualify for the following discounts:
- New vehicle discount (less than 3 years old).
- Multi-vehicle discount (2 or more vehicles).
- Annual mileage discount.
- Vehicle storage discount: Receive a discount of up to 60% when the vehicle insured is in storage.
- Military Installation Discount: Up to 15% discount for members who garage their vehicle on a military base.
- Family Discount: Members who help family members join can save up to 10% on their own policy.
- Home and Auto insurance bundle.
- Loyalty Savings: The longer you stay with USAA the more you can save.
How Does USAA Compare with Other Auto Insurance Companies?
- USAA beats all the main auto insurance companies in terms of financial stability. It has the highest possible rating with A.M. Best and Moody’s and the second highest possible rating with Standard & Poor’s.
- USAA regularly tops customer satisfaction ratings, such as Forrester’s and J.D. Power reports.
- Despite being restricted to service members and their families, it is the 5th largest auto insurer in the United States.
- Customers who switch to USAA auto insurance save an average of $376, according to a nationwide survey of new customers.
- It has been in business since 1922.
- It is a financially cautious company. To illustrate, USAA weathered the 1929 Great Depression with a net profit of $144,000.
9800 Fredericksburg Road
San Antonio, TX 78288 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by USAA
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Vehicle and Equipment Discounts||
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||
|Financial Strength Rating||