RoadLoans is a direct-to-consumer lender that offers auto-based financing and refinancing to customers of all credit types. The company was established in 2000 by Triad Financial Corp., which is owned by the Ford Motor Credit Co., but RoadLoans was purchased by Santander Consumer USA Inc. in 2009. Santander Consumer USA has an A+ rating from the BBB and over $38 billion in assets.
RoadLoans is based in Dallas, Texas, and offers loans across the U.S. However, the company does not offer loans to residents of Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, New Hampshire or Nevada.
How Do RoadLoans’ Auto Loans Work?
RoadLoans offers loans for new cars, used cars and refinancing. When seeking a loan for a purchase from a dealer, the vehicle must be nine years old or newer with fewer than 120,000 miles. When seeking a loan for a purchase from an individual, the vehicle must be twelve years old or newer with fewer than 100,000 miles. When refinancing, the vehicle must be seven years old or newer with fewer than 105,000 miles.
What Are the Interest Rates for RoadLoans’ Auto Loans?
With RoadLoans, interest rates are fixed for the lifetime of the loan and can be as low as 1.99% APR. However, rates depend on a customer's credit and the loan characteristics such as amount, term and vehicle age. There are no prepayment penalties if paying back your loan early.
How Much Money Can I Borrow for RoadLoans Auto Loans?
With RoadLoans, loan amounts can range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $75,000.
What Is RoadLoans’ Application Process Like?
To begin, you can fill out a loan application form online. After submitting the application, you'll receive an email response in less than 30 seconds, notifying you of the loan decision. Then, you can print out your loan documents and begin working with a dealer, a private party or the lender of your existing loan to finalize the transaction.
How Are RoadLoans’ Auto Loans Better than Other Auto Loans?
- RoadLoans offers competitive rates.
- RoadLoans provides multiple offers.
- You’ll get a loan decision within minutes of submitting an application.
- There are no prepayment penalties.
* "Rates depend on the individual's excellent and substantial credit and key loan characteristics, including amount, term, vehicle age. A representative example of payment terms are as follows: a loan amount of $20,000 with an APR of 7.50% and a term of 70 months, would have a monthly payment of $353.63 with no down-payment required."