Where does Amica Mutual do business?
Amica Mutual is an insurance carrier with headquarters in Lincoln, RI. The company was established in 1907 and offers boat insurance in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
What types of boat insurance coverage does Amica Mutual offer?
Although we often talk about boat insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. Amica Mutual offers the following types of coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another boat or property when at fault in an accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your boat after an accident. If you have a lease, the lender may require you to buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage: If your boat is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Salvage/Wreckage Removal: Some standard insurance policies will subtract salvage costs from the insured value of the boat or only offer a small percentage of the coverage amount for salvage. This endorsement protects from the specific costs and liability that go with a wreckage or salvage.
Amica Mutual also provides access to the following endorsements:
- Hurricane Coverage: Pays for the damages caused by tropical storms, tornadoes, windstorms, and hurricanes.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
What benefits does Amica Mutual offer?
Amica Mutual offers the following benefits to its customers:
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
What discounts can you ask for when applying for a policy with Amica Mutual?
When you ask for a quote with Amica Mutual, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the discounts you can claim that are specific to boat insurance.
- Diesel Engines: If your boat has diesel engines, you can request a deduction, particularly from your physical damage coverage.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with Amica Mutual.
What is the financial strength rating of Amica Mutual?
The financial strength rating of an insurance company scores its ability to pay contracts and policies. Each agency has its own standards and rating scale and a company's rating can change any day. It's a good idea to check the financial rating of an insurance company before you purchase a policy. There are five main rating agencies. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is based, among other factors, on the average score of available ratings.
Amica Mutual scores an A+, SuperMoney's highest available rating.
100 Amica Way
Lincoln, RI 02865 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by Amica Mutual
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Alternative Fuel / Hybrid
- Automatic Payment
- Defensive Driver / Safety Course
- Paperless Billing / e-billing
- Wreckage Removal
- Bodily Injury Coverage
- Property Damage Coverage
- Uninsured Motorist
- Underinsured Motorist
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Personal Injury Protection
- Fishing Equipment & Carry-On Items
- Hurricane Coverage
- Emergency Roadside Service
- Locally Available Agents
- Digital Claims Reporting