Where does GEICO do business?
GEICO is an insurance carrier with headquarters in Chevy Chase, MD. The company was established in 1936 and offers boat insurance in 38 states in the USA.
What types of boat insurance coverage does GEICO offer?
Although we often talk about boat insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. GEICO offers the following types of coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another boat or property when at fault in an accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your boat after an accident. If you have a lease, the lender may require you to buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage: If your boat is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Fuel Spill Clean-Up: Protects you from cleanup claims or third-party damage caused by the accidental discharge of oil or fuel.
- Salvage/Wreckage Removal: Some standard insurance policies will subtract salvage costs from the insured value of the boat or only offer a small percentage of the coverage amount for salvage. This endorsement protects from the specific costs and liability that go with a wreckage or salvage.
GEICO also provides access to the following endorsements:
- Hurricane Coverage: Pays for the damages caused by tropical storms, tornadoes, windstorms, and hurricanes.
- Ice / Freeze Coverage: Protection for damage from snow, ice or freezing. Even if you choose to pay for indoor heated storage, you may need this rider in cases of electricity failure.
- Total Loss Replacement: If it's a total loss, this policy will pay you based on the agreed value, actual cash value or the replacement cost value.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
- Non-Owner Liability Coverage: This policy helps you out if you use a boat that you don't own. It is also used by businesses who want to provide coverage for their employees when they use their boats for work. In some cases this endorsement will also cover a rental boat.
- Transport Trailer Coverage: This covers non-motorized trailers used to tow your boat. If the trailer is damaged or causes damage, this policy will cover the costs and tow your boat.
What benefits does GEICO offer?
GEICO offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
What is the financial strength rating of GEICO?
The financial strength rating of an insurance company scores its ability to pay contracts and policies. Each agency has its own standards and rating scale and a company's rating can change any day. It's a good idea to check the financial rating of an insurance company before you purchase a policy. There are five main rating agencies. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is based, among other factors, on the average score of available ratings.
GEICO scores an A+, SuperMoney's highest available rating.
4608 Willard Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by GEICO
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
- Fuel Spill Clean-Up
- Wreckage Removal
- Bodily Injury Coverage
- Property Damage Coverage
- Uninsured Motorist
- Underinsured Motorist
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Personal Injury Protection
- Fishing Equipment & Carry-On Items
- Hurricane Coverage
- Ice / Freeze Coverage
- Total Loss Replacement
- Non-Owner Liability Coverage
- Transport Trailer Coverage
- 24/7 Phone Availability
- Digital Claims Reporting