Where does PEMCO do business?
PEMCO is an insurance carrier with headquarters in Seattle, WA. The company was established in 1949 and offers boat insurance in 2 states in the USA.
What types of boat insurance coverage does PEMCO offer?
Although we often talk about boat insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. PEMCO offers the following types of coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another boat or property when at fault in an accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your boat after an accident. If you have a lease, the lender may require you to buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage: If your boat is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
What benefits does PEMCO offer?
PEMCO offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
What discounts can you ask for when applying for a policy with PEMCO?
When you ask for a quote with PEMCO, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the discounts you can claim that are specific to boat insurance.
- Diesel Engines: If your boat has diesel engines, you can request a deduction, particularly from your physical damage coverage.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with PEMCO.
What is the financial strength rating of PEMCO?
The financial strength rating of an insurance company scores its ability to pay contracts and policies. Each agency has its own standards and rating scale and a company's rating can change any day. It's a good idea to check the financial rating of an insurance company before you purchase a policy. There are five main rating agencies. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is based, among other factors, on the average score of available ratings.
PEMCO scores a B+. Companies with this rating show a good ability to pay for their insurance obligations.
- Alternative Fuel / Hybrid
- Advance Purchase / Early Shopper
- Claims Free
- Defensive Driver / Safety Course
- Multiple Policy
- Multiple Vehicles
- Fishing Equipment & Carry-On Items
- Total Loss Replacement
- Mechanical Breakdown Coverage
- 24/7 Phone Availability