Mostly not recommended
Would you recommend Progressive to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
Where does Progressive do business?
Progressive is an insurance carrier with headquarters in Mayfield Village, OH. The company was established in 1937 and offers boat insurance in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
What types of boat insurance coverage does Progressive offer?
Although we often talk about boat insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. Progressive offers the following types of coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another boat or property when at fault in an accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your boat after an accident. If you have a lease, the lender may require you to buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage: If your boat is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Fuel Spill Clean-Up: Protects you from cleanup claims or third-party damage caused by the accidental discharge of oil or fuel.
- Water Sports Coverage: A must for boat owners who plant to use their vessel for water skiing, wakeboarding, and other water sports
- Salvage/Wreckage Removal: Some standard insurance policies will subtract salvage costs from the insured value of the boat or only offer a small percentage of the coverage amount for salvage. This endorsement protects from the specific costs and liability that go with a wreckage or salvage.
Progressive also provides access to the following endorsements:
- Total Loss Replacement: If it's a total loss, this policy will pay you based on the agreed value, actual cash value or the replacement cost value.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
- Mechanical Breakdown Coverage: If your boat is protected by mechanical breakdown insurance the costs of repairs (not including maintenance or normal wear and tear) are covered by your policy. However, you will need to obtain authorization from your insurance company before you carry out repairs.
- Accident Forgiveness: This insurance rider helps you avoid a rate increase after the first accident where you are at fault. Check with Progressive to see if this rider is available in your area as it is not available in all states.
- Travel Expenses / Trip Interruption Coverage: This coverage helps pay for non-refundable expenses if your trip is delayed or canceled due to an accident, mechanical breakdown, theft, injury, unexpected illness, or some other covered event.
What is the financial strength rating of Progressive?
The financial strength rating of an insurance company scores its ability to pay contracts and policies. Each agency has its own standards and rating scale and a company's rating can change any day. It's a good idea to check the financial rating of an insurance company before you purchase a policy. There are five main rating agencies. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is based, among other factors, on the average score of available ratings.
Progressive scores an A+, SuperMoney's highest available rating.
6300 Wilson Mills Road
Mayfield Village, OH 44143 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by Progressive
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Fuel Spill Clean-Up
- Water Sports Coverage
- Wreckage Removal
- Bodily Injury Coverage
- Property Damage Coverage
- Uninsured Motorist
- Underinsured Motorist
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Personal Injury Protection
- Fishing Equipment & Carry-On Items
- Total Loss Replacement
- Accident Forgiveness
- Emergency Roadside Service
- Mechanical Breakdown Coverage
- Travel Expenses / Trip Interruption Coverage