Where does American National Property and Casualty Co. do business?
American National Property and Casualty Co. is an insurance carrier based in Galveston, TX. The company was founded in 1905 and offers home insurance in 45 states in the USA.
What is the financial strength rating of American National Property and Casualty Co.?
The financial strength rating of an insurance company scores its ability to pay contracts and policies. Each agency has its own standards and rating scale and a company's rating can change any day. It's a good idea to check the financial rating of an insurance company before you purchase a policy. There are five main rating agencies. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is based, among other factors, on the average score from available ratings.
American National Property and Casualty Co. scores an A or excellent, which is SuperMoney's second highest available score.
What types of coverage does American National Property and Casualty Co. offer?
Home insurance includes a wide range of coverages. One of the best ways to saving money on your home insurance is to only pay for the coverage you need. American National Property and Casualty Co. offers the following types of home insurance coverage:
- Dwelling Coverage: Also called "dwelling insurance." This is the part of your homeowner's insurance policy that helps pay for the rebuilding or the repair of the physical structure of your home if it's damaged by a covered hazard.
- Guest Medical Protection: This helps visitors who are injured on your property. It can help cover the necessary medical expenses in an accident, regardless of who's at fault. Medical expenses covered usually include costs like ambulance rides, X-rays, surgical procedures, and hospital stays. Note that guest medical coverage doesn't apply to anyone who lives in the home or is listed on your policy.
- Liability Coverage: The personal liability coverage within your homeowner's policy offers coverage for bodily injury and property damage sustained by others for which you or covered residents of your household are legally responsible.
- Other Structures Coverage: This covers structures on the residence premises separated from the dwelling by a clear space or connected to the dwelling by a fence, utility line, or related connection. Examples include a detached garage, tool shed, driveway, swimming pool, gazebo, or fence.
- Personal Property Protection: This insurance protects the items in your home, like your furniture. If they're damaged or lost, personal property coverage could help you cover the cost of replacing them.
- Reimbursed Living Expenses: This coverage reimburses the insured for the cost of maintaining a comparable standard of living following a covered loss that exceeds the insured's normal expenses. For example, it could include an insured's motel bill while fire damage to the home is being repaired or replaced or until the insured moves to a permanent residence.
American National Property and Casualty Co. customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their home insurance policies:
- Earthquake Coverage: This covers some of the losses and damage that earthquakes can cause to your home, belongings, and other buildings on your property.
- Equipment Breakdown Protection: This protects from loss due to a mechanical or electrical breakdown of nearly any type of equipment, including photocopiers and computers. Coverage applies to the cost to repair or replace the equipment and any other property damaged by the equipment breakdown.
- Identity Theft Protection: This rider protects homeowners in the event of identity fraud and pays for the cost of restoring their identity.
- Valuable Items: Valuable personal property coverage protects items such as expensive collections, engagement rings, watches, and other jewelry from theft, loss, or damage.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with American National Property and Casualty Co..
What additional benefits does American National Property and Casualty Co. offer?
American National Property and Casualty Co. offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
1 Moody Plaza
Galveston, TX 77550 USA
- Visit Site
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Earthquake Coverage
- Equipment Breakdown Protection
- Flood Coverage (Federal)
- Identity Theft Protection
- Valuable Items
- 24/7 Phone Availability
- Locally Available Agents
- Digital Claims Reporting
- Dwelling Coverage
- Guest Medical Protection
- Liability Coverage
- Other Structures Coverage
- Personal Property Protection
- Reimbursed Living Expenses