Founded in 1999, Esurance is an online-based insurance company that offers a variety of policies including plans for homeowners, renters and auto owners. Esurance is part of the Allstate empire, which has been in business for over 80 years and has over $130 billion in assets.
Esurance is based in San Francisco, California, and issues homeowners insurance policies in most states. In states where Esurance doesn’t personally underwrite policies, Esurance still displays quotes provided by Answer Financial, Inc. or Security First Insurance Company.
When rated by independent institutions, Esurance has come out on top. The company has received an A+ rating from the BBB and an A+ from A.M. Best.
With Esurance, homeowners insurance policies can include the following types of coverage:
- Dwelling protection, which covers your home’s structure and other structures on the surrounding property.
- Personal property insurance, which covers your personal belongings.
- Family liability protection, which helps cover your legal liability if your negligence causes someone else to experience injury or property damage.
- Guest medical protection, which helps pay for medical bills for those who have been injured on your property.
- Additional living expense coverage, which helps pay to relocate you if a covered incident results in your home being temporarily uninhabitable.
- Optional add-on protection, which can include identity theft expense coverage and increased building structure coverage.
- Cases of fire, lightning, windstorms, explosions, smoke, snow, riots and theft.
With Esurance, you can get everything set up and taken care of online. The company offers free online quotes and an online home insurance calculator, which estimates coverage limits based on your answers to a few simple questions. With the backing of an industry leader like Allstate, Esurance is a great business to turn to.