Liberty Mutual Home Insurance Overview
Liberty Mutual offers a variety of insurances including auto, property and life. The company originated in Springfield, Massachusetts, and has been operating since 1912. Liberty Mutual Group has over $125 billion in assets and does business throughout the world including the U.S., Asia, Europe and Latin America.
What Are Liberty Mutual Home Insurance’s Ratings?
As a well-respected business, Liberty Mutual has received high financial ratings. The company has been awarded an A from A.M. Best, an A2 from Moody’s, an A from Standard & Poor's and an A+ from the BBB.
What Home Insurance Coverage Does Liberty Mutual Offer?
With Liberty Mutual, you can customize your homeowners policy to get the exact kind of insurance that will meet your personal needs. Policies can include the following types of coverage:
- Dwelling protection, covering damage to your house or other structures on your property like a tool shed or garage.
- Personal possessions protection, covering your belongings including furniture, clothing and appliances.
- Liability coverage, protecting you if someone is accidentally injured or has their own property damaged while on your property.
- Additional living expenses, covering you in the event you need to live elsewhere while repairs are being made to your home.
- Additional options including inflation protection, coverage for high-value items and expanded home coverage.
How Does Liberty Mutual Compare with Other Home Insurance Companies?
Liberty Mutual offers customizable policies to give customers exactly what they want. With the Home Protector Plus optional coverage, Liberty Mutual even provides full replacement costs for possessions and additional coverage for unforeseen costs when rebuilding a home. The company provides quotes online or over the phone and offers a variety of discounts, which helps new homeowners and multi-policyholders save even more.