American Equity MortgageUnaffiliated Visit Site
|Loan Amount||Up to $3,000,000|
|Loan Term (Years)||N/A|
Where does American Equity Mortgage do business?
American Equity Mortgage is a direct lender based in Saint Louis, MO. The company was founded in 1992 and offers mortgages to borrowers in 20 states.
How much can you borrow via American Equity Mortgage?
American Equity Mortgage allows borrowers to apply for loan amounts of up to $3,000,000. Note that the maximum loan amount you can borrow will also vary depending on the type of mortgage you choose, regardless of the lender you choose.
Does American Equity Mortgage charge a mortgage origination fee?
Yes, American Equity Mortgage may charge a loan origination fee.
What mortgage programs does American Equity Mortgage offer?
American Equity Mortgage offers the following mortgage types:
- Conventional mortgages: This includes any mortgage that is not insured or guaranteed by the federal government.
- FHA: Mortgages insured by the FHA, which usually have less stringent eligibility requirements, but borrowers must pay a mortgage insurance premium. Co-applicants are allowed and you can qualify for a down payment as low as 3%.
- USDA: A zero down payment mortgage loan with low rates for suburban and rural homebuyers.
- VA: A zero down payment mortgage or a refinance of up to 120% of the home's value for American military members, veterans, and their spouses.
What property usage types does American Equity Mortgage allow?
Some mortgage lenders restrict the type of usage borrowers give mortgaged properties. American Equity Mortgage allows the following property usage types:
- Primary home
- Secondary homes and vacation properties
- Investment properties and house flipping projects
- North Carolina