Where does American Financial Network do business?
American Financial Network is a direct lender based in Brea, CA. The company was founded in 2001 and offers mortgages to borrowers in 44 states (and Washington, DC).
How much can you borrow via American Financial Network?
American Financial Network allows borrowers to apply for loan amounts of up to $424,100. Note that the maximum loan amount you can borrow will also vary depending on the type of mortgage you choose, regardless of the lender you choose.
Does American Financial Network charge a mortgage origination fee?
Yes, American Financial Network may charge a loan origination fee.
What mortgage programs does American Financial Network offer?
American Financial Network offers the following mortgage types:
- Conventional mortgages: This includes any mortgage that is not insured or guaranteed by the federal government.
- FHA: Mortgages insured by the FHA, which usually have less stringent eligibility requirements, but borrowers must pay a mortgage insurance premium. Co-applicants are allowed and you can qualify for a down payment as low as 3%.
- FHA 203k: An FHA mortgage you can also use to finance home improvements.
- HARP: A mortgage refinance program for home loans owned or backed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. No minimum credit score or value appraisal required.
- USDA: A zero down payment mortgage loan with low rates for suburban and rural homebuyers.
- VA: A zero down payment mortgage or a refinance of up to 120% of the home's value for American military members, veterans, and their spouses.
What property usage types does American Financial Network allow?
Some mortgage lenders restrict the type of usage borrowers give mortgaged properties. American Financial Network allows the following property usage types:
- Primary home
Other Services by American Financial Network
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina