Where does Axos Bank do business?
Axos Bank is based in San Diego, CA. The company was founded in 2000 and offers mortgages to borrowers in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
How much can you borrow via Axos Bank?
Axos Bank allows borrowers to apply for loan amounts of up to $10,000,000. Note that the maximum loan amount you can borrow will also vary depending on the type of mortgage you choose, regardless of the lender you choose.
What is the maximum loan term you can get with Axos Bank?
Axos Bank offers mortgages with terms ranging from 10 to 30 years. Having the option of longer terms allows borrowers to take on larger loan amounts while keeping monthly payments more affordable. However, the longer the term of your loan, the more interest you will pay.
What range of rates does Axos Bank offer?
Axos Bank offers home loans with APRs starting at 4.25% and up to 18%.
What is the estimated funding time for a home loan via Axos Bank?
Axos Bank will typically fund mortgages within 21 and 30 days of approval.
Does Axos Bank charge a mortgage origination fee?
Yes, Axos Bank may charge a loan origination fee starting at $0
What mortgage programs does Axos Bank offer?
Axos Bank offers the following mortgage types:
- Conventional mortgages: This includes any mortgage that is not insured or guaranteed by the federal government.
- FHA: Mortgages insured by the FHA, which usually have less stringent eligibility requirements, but borrowers must pay a mortgage insurance premium. Co-applicants are allowed and you can qualify for a down payment as low as 3%.
- Jumbo: Any mortgage with a loan amount above the conforming loan limits set by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. As of 2018, the jumbo threshold is $453,100 in most of the United States.
- Conforming: Mortgages that meet the loan requirements of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. These have fixed rate terms of 10 to 30 years and adjustable rate terms ranging from 3 to 10 years. Down payments as low as 5%.
- VA: A zero down payment mortgage or a refinance of up to 120% of the home's value for American military members, veterans, and their spouses.
What property usage types does Axos Bank allow?
Some mortgage lenders restrict the type of usage borrowers give mortgaged properties. Axos Bank allows the following property usage types:
- Primary home
- Secondary homes and vacation properties
4350 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122 USA
- Visit Site
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Employed Full-Time
- Employed Part-Time
- Primary Home
- Secondary Home
- Manufactured/Mobile Home
- Multi-Family Home
- Single Family Home
- Government Issued Photo ID
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Residence
- Social Security Number
- Driver License (or other photo ID)