New York LifeUnaffiliated
in Life Insurance from New York Life
Would you recommend New York Life to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
|Community Rating||Mostly recommended|
|Financial Strength Rating||A+|
Where does New York Life do business?
New York Life is an insurance carrier based in New York, NY. The company was founded in 1845 and offers life insurance in 50 states (and Washington, DC). Life insurance is important for anyone who has loved who depend on them financially. It can also help with final expenses and burial costs.
What types of life insurance coverage does New York Life offer?
Insurance carries typically offer a wide variety of policies. One of the best ways to save money on life insurance is to avoid unnecessary coverage. Only purchase policies and riders you actually need.
Here is a brief description of the coverage New York Life offers.
- Term Life Insurance - This is the simplest type of life insurance. It is payable if the insured person dies within a specific period of time, such as 5, 10, or 30 years. New York Life offers term lengths ranging from 10 to 20 years.
- Level Term Insurance - These are term policies that have the same fixed premium and payment amount throughout the life of the policy.
- Annual Renewable Term Insurance - Annual renewable term policies provide a constant death benefit for the duration of the policy but the premium's are reassessed every year.
- Whole Life Insurance - Whole life insurance policies remain in force for the entire life of the policyholder provided premiums are paid. The maximum whole life benefit amount is 5.
- Universal Life Insurance - This type of policy guarantees a fixed death benefit and an investment account. The cash value of the investment account will vary depending on the portfolio's performance.
- Variable Universal Life Insurance - Provides the most flexibility when it comes to investing the cash value of a universal life policy in separate accounts with "variable" values.
As well as the basic coverage types mentioned above, New York Life also offers the following policies:
- Final Expenses - Even bare-bones funerals can cost thousands of dollars. This policy, also known as burial insurance, covers funeral and burial costs.
How can you save money on a New York Life life insurance policy?
When you ask for a quote with New York Life, ask what policy discounts are available.
What is the financial strength rating of New York Life?The financial strength rating of a life insurance company scores its ability to pay contracts and policies.
Each agency has its own standards and rating scale and a company's rating can change any day. It's a good idea to check the financial rating of an insurance company before you purchase a policy.
There are five main rating agencies. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is based, among other factors, on the average score from available ratings.
New York Life scores an A+, SuperMoney's highest available rating.
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia