Check City is a financial services business that has physical locations in Utah, Nevada, Virginia and Colorado as well as online operations available in some states. The company offers payday loans, cash advances, money orders and bill pay in addition to money transfers, which are issued through Western Union at Check City’s in-store locations.
Transfer fees vary and are set by Western Union.
- Domestic transfers may have a fee somewhere around 5-10%.
- International transfers aren’t charged a separate processing fee for currency conversion, but Western Union does make money from currency exchange, which is reflected in the total cost of your transfer.
Delivery speeds can vary depending on the payment type and delivery method.
- Domestic transfers are often completed within one to two business days.
- International transfers are often completed within three business days.
Check City is a family company whose first store opened in 1986 in Virginia. Today, the company offers a range of financial services, having over 65 stores in multiple states and additionally serving customers online.
Check City has in-store locations in only four states, but if you happen to live near a storefront, the company’s money transfer services may appeal to you. After all, Western Union is a well-known name brand and pickup locations are located throughout the world. Of course, Check City offers additional financial services, some of which can be accessed online in a variety of states, so customers looking for personal loans may especially be interested in checking out Check City.
This is what we love about Check City:
- You can fund a transfer using cash or a debit card.
- You can transfer funds directly to a bank account or any Western Union agent location around the world.
- You don’t need your own bank account to make a transfer; you just need a photo ID.
- When a transfer is picked up, the money can be received as cash, on a prepaid card or in a mobile wallet.
- Check City offers a range of financial services including online personal loans.
What We do not Like About Check City:
- Check City only has locations in four states.
- Online transfers aren’t available.
- Rates aren’t published online and may run higher than some competitors.
Be the first to write a review for this company!Write a Review