Xoom is a financial services company that enables individuals to send money and pay bills for family and friends around the world. The company is now a member of the PayPal family.
What Are Xoom’s Transfer Fees?
Xoom transfer fees differ based on a variety of factors including the destination country, the.transfer amount and the payment method.
- Transfer fees are generally lower when funding the transfer with a bank account. For example, transferring $1,000 to the United Kingdom will cost $4.99 if paying with a bank account or $9.99 if paying with a debit or credit card.
- Transfer fees are generally higher when sending U.S. Dollars rather than a local currency. For example, if you’re sending $2000 worth of Uruguayan pesos to Uruguay, the fee is $39.99 if paying with a bank account or $89.99 if paying with a debit or credit card. However, to send U.S. dollars rather than Uruguayan pesos, the fee increases by $3 if paying with a bank account or $2 if paying with a debit or credit card.
How Fast Are Xoom's Transfers?
Processing speeds vary based on a number of factors including the destination country, the delivery method selected and your payment type. The company provides an online "Track the Transfer" tool to give you updated information on any specific transfer that's in progress.
- If transfers are funded by debit or credit cards, the transaction process is generally quicker. Many such transfers are available to recipients within minutes.
- If transfers are funded by a bank account, transfers can be delayed by the processing speed of your bank. Sometimes banks take up to four business days before Xoom receives your funds.
Founded in 2001, Xoom is based in San Francisco, California, and has an A+ rating from the BBB. The digital money transfer company was acquired by PayPal, Inc. in 2015 but Xoom operates as a separate service and has its own website and mobile app. Xoom has over one million active customers and processes billions of dollars in transactions every year.
Who Can Benefit From Xoom?
Marketed as an online-to-offline international money transfer service, Xoom is helpful for individuals who need to send money abroad. The company enables recipients to receive funds in the form of cash at select pickup locations or as bank deposits depending on their needs. If you're looking for security and convenience, you'll love the company's "Track the Transfer" tool as well as the "Quick Send" feature, which enables simple two-step transactions when you're repeating the same kind of transfer that you've made in the past.
What Are The Advantages and Disadvantages Of Xoom?
This is what we love about Xoom:
- You can send money transfers to 56 different countries and there are a variety of pickup locations throughout the world.
- You can fund a transfer using a bank account or a debit or credit card.
- Transactions are processed quickly online.
- Rates are competitive.
- Xoom provides 24/7 customer support.
What We do not Like About Xoom:
- Xoom only supports international money transfers.
- The maximum transfer you can send is $2,999.
- Even though Xoom is part of the PayPal family, you can’t use your PayPal balance to fund a Xoom transaction.