Checkmate is a payday lender that offers additional financial services including check cashing and money transfers, which are issued through Western Union. The company services Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico and Washington.
What Are Checkmate’s Transfer Fees?
Transfer fees can vary based on the type of transfer and the destination.
- Domestic transfer fees often range from 5-10%.
- International transfers don’t have a separate processing fee for currency conversion, but Western Union does make a profit from currency exchanges, which is reflected in the total cost of your transfer.
How Fast Are Checkmate's Transfers?
Processing speeds can vary depending on the transfer destination.
- Domestic transfers are often completed within one to two business days.
- International transfers are often completed within two to three business days.
Checkmate was founded to provide financial services that many traditional banks don't want to mess with. The company is a licensed lender, has been in business for over 25 years and has its headquarters in Arizona. Checkmate sponsors a variety of community-aimed organizations and projects including the U.S. Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation, the Women's Resource Center and San Diego’s Services for People with Disabilities.
Who Can Benefit From Checkmate?
Checkmate is perfect for consumers who want access to Western Union money transfer services and happen to be nearby a Checkmate storefront, which can be found in Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico and Washington. Although some companies offer better rates, Checkmate offers convenience since customers can transfer cash and can send funds for pickup at any Western Union agent location throughout the world. Of course, the company also issues title loans, payday loans and installment loans while additionally offering services like check cashing and bill pay. If you need a short-term solution for a financial emergency, Checkmate may be a helpful option.
What Are The Advantages and Disadvantages Of Checkmate?
This is what we love about Checkmate:
- Domestic and international transfers are available.
- You can fund your transfer with cash and you don’t need a bank account.
- Transferred funds can be picked up at Western Union agent locations throughout the world.
- Checkmate offers a variety of short-term financial solutions including title and installment loans.
What We do not Like About Checkmate:
- The company operates in only five states.
- You can’t make transfers online.
- Western Union money transfer services don’t always offer the best rates.