|Loan Amount||Up to $5,000,000|
|Loan Term (Years)||10 - 30|
Where does Bay Equity do business?
Bay Equity is a direct lender based in Sausalito, CA. The company was founded in 2007 and offers mortgage refinancing to borrowers in 31 states across the USA.
What is the maximum loan term for a mortgage refinance via Bay Equity?
The term of a mortgage refinance will determine the cost of your monthly payments. Longer terms will typically reduce your monthly payments but it will also increase the interest you pay. Bay Equity offers mortgages refinancing with terms ranging from 10 to 30 years.
Does Bay Equity charge a mortgage origination fee?
Yes, Bay Equity may charge a loan origination fee.
What mortgage programs does Bay Equity offer?
Bay Equity offers the following mortgage types:
- Conventional mortgages: This includes any mortgage that is not insured or guaranteed by the federal government.
- FHA: Mortgages insured by the FHA, which usually have less stringent eligibility requirements, but borrowers must pay a mortgage insurance premium. Co-applicants are allowed and you can qualify for a down payment as low as 3%.
- FHA 203k: An FHA mortgage you can also use to finance home improvements.
- HARP: A mortgage refinance program for home loans owned or backed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. No minimum credit score or value appraisal required.
- HomePath: Financing for the purchase and improvement of properties owned by Fannie Mae.
- USDA: A zero down payment mortgage loan with low rates for suburban and rural homebuyers.
- VA: A zero down payment mortgage or a refinance of up to 120% of the home's value for American military members, veterans, and their spouses.
What property usage types does Bay Equity allow?
Some mortgage lenders restrict the type of usage borrowers give mortgaged properties. Bay Equity allows the following property usage types:
- Primary home
- Secondary homes and vacation properties
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- South Dakota