Where does First Home Mortgage do business?
First Home Mortgage is a direct lender based in Baltimore, MD. The company was founded in 1990 and offers mortgage refinancing to borrowers in 20 states across the USA (and Washington, DC).
What is the maximum loan term for a mortgage refinance via First Home Mortgage?
The term of a mortgage refinance will determine the cost of your monthly payments. Longer terms will typically reduce your monthly payments but it will also increase the interest you pay. First Home Mortgage offers mortgages refinancing with terms ranging from 10 to 30 years.
Does First Home Mortgage charge a mortgage origination fee?
Yes, First Home Mortgage may charge a loan origination fee.
What mortgage programs does First Home Mortgage offer?
First Home Mortgage offers the following mortgage types:
- Conventional mortgages: This includes any mortgage that is not insured or guaranteed by the federal government.
- FHA: Mortgages insured by the FHA, which usually have less stringent eligibility requirements, but borrowers must pay a mortgage insurance premium. Co-applicants are allowed and you can qualify for a down payment as low as 3%.
- FHA 203k: An FHA mortgage you can also use to finance home improvements.
- USDA: A zero down payment mortgage loan with low rates for suburban and rural homebuyers.
- VA: A zero down payment mortgage or a refinance of up to 120% of the home's value for American military members, veterans, and their spouses.
What property usage types does First Home Mortgage allow?
Some mortgage lenders restrict the type of usage borrowers give mortgaged properties. First Home Mortgage allows the following property usage types:
- Primary home
- Secondary homes and vacation properties
Other Services by First Home Mortgage
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- West Virginia