Where does George Mason Mortgage do business?
George Mason Mortgage is a direct lender based in Fairfax, VA. The company was founded in 1980 and offers mortgage refinancing to borrowers in 4 states across the USA (and Washington, DC).
What is the maximum loan term for a mortgage refinance via George Mason Mortgage?
The term of a mortgage refinance will determine the cost of your monthly payments. Longer terms will typically reduce your monthly payments but it will also increase the interest you pay. George Mason Mortgage offers mortgages refinancing with terms ranging from 10 to 30 years.
Does George Mason Mortgage charge a mortgage origination fee?
Yes, George Mason Mortgage may charge a loan origination fee.
What mortgage programs does George Mason Mortgage offer?
George Mason Mortgage offers the following mortgage types:
- Conventional mortgages: This includes any mortgage that is not insured or guaranteed by the federal government.
- FHA: Mortgages insured by the FHA, which usually have less stringent eligibility requirements, but borrowers must pay a mortgage insurance premium. Co-applicants are allowed and you can qualify for a down payment as low as 3%.
- FHA 203k: An FHA mortgage you can also use to finance home improvements.
- USDA: A zero down payment mortgage loan with low rates for suburban and rural homebuyers.
- VA: A zero down payment mortgage or a refinance of up to 120% of the home's value for American military members, veterans, and their spouses.
What property usage types does George Mason Mortgage allow?
Some mortgage lenders restrict the type of usage borrowers give mortgaged properties. George Mason Mortgage allows the following property usage types:
- Primary home
- Secondary homes and vacation properties
Other Services by George Mason Mortgage
- Washington, DC
- North Carolina
- South Carolina