Where does AAA do business?
AAA is an insurance carrier based in Livonia, MI. The company was founded in 1902 and offers motorcycle and ATV insurance in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
What types of motorcycle and ATV insurance coverage does AAA offer?
Although we often talk about motorcycle insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. AAA offers the following types of motorcycle and ATV insurance coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have a lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage: If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
AAA customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their policies:
- Modified Vehicle Insurance: This coverage, also known as customized parts and equipment coverage, can help repair or replace alterations and upgrades you make to your vehicle. Notice that most motorcycle and ATV insurance policies will only cover original equipment so you may want to consider this policy if you've invested a lot of money on aftermarket parts and upgrades.
- Travel Expenses / Trip Interruption Coverage: This coverage helps pay for non-refundable expenses if your trip is delayed or canceled due to an accident, mechanical breakdown, theft, injury, unexpected illness, or some other covered event.
- Rental Car Coverage: Rental car coverage, also known as rental car reimbursement, pays for the cost of a car rental if you can no longer use your vehicle because of a covered loss, such as an accident, theft, or vandalism.
- Loan / Lease / GAP Coverage: GAP coverage covers the difference between what you owe on your motorcycle or ATV and its current cash value in the event of a total loss.
- Emergency Roadside Service: Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
- Transport Trailer Coverage: This covers non-motorized trailers towed by a vehicle. If they are damaged or cause damages in an accident this policy will cover the costs.
What benefits does AAA offer?
AAA offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
- Mechanical / Auto Body Repair Network: Enjoy the competitive prices and peace of mind of having access to a network of service and repair shops.
What discounts can you ask for when applying for a policy with AAA?
When you ask for a quote with AAA, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the discounts currently available.
- Anti-Lock Brake System: ABS technology reduces uncontrolled skids and insurance premiums.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with AAA.
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Claims Free
- Defensive Driver / Safety Course
- Full Payment
- Loyalty / Long-Term Customer
- Multiple Policy
- Multiple Vehicles
- Anti-Lock Brake System
- Anti-Theft Devices
- 24/7 Phone Availability
- Locally Available Agents
- Free Policy Cancellation
- Mechanical / Auto Body Repair Network