in Motorcycle and ATV Insurance from Erie InsuranceUnaffiliated
|Financial Strength Rating||A+|
Where does Erie Insurance do business?
Erie Insurance is an insurance carrier based in Erie, PA. The company was founded in 1925 and offers motorcycle and ATV insurance in 9 states (and Washington, DC).
What types of motorcycle and ATV insurance coverage does Erie Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about motorcycle insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. Erie Insurance offers the following types of motorcycle and ATV insurance coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have a lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage: If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
Erie Insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their policies:
- Modified Vehicle Insurance: This coverage, also known as customized parts and equipment coverage, can help repair or replace alterations and upgrades you make to your vehicle. Notice that most motorcycle and ATV insurance policies will only cover original equipment so you may want to consider this policy if you've invested a lot of money on aftermarket parts and upgrades.
- Emergency Roadside Service: Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
What benefits does Erie Insurance offer?
Erie Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
- Mechanical / Auto Body Repair Network: Enjoy the competitive prices and peace of mind of having access to a network of service and repair shops.
What discounts can you ask for when applying for a policy with Erie Insurance?
When you ask for a quote with Erie Insurance, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the discounts currently available.
- Anti-Lock Brake System: ABS technology reduces uncontrolled skids and insurance premiums.
- Internal Safety Features: Erie Insurance offers additional savings if your motorcycle or ATV has additional safety features, such as seatbelts, airbags, and similar safety features. Ask what other safety features on your car will trigger a discount.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with Erie Insurance.
100 Erie Insurance Place
Erie, PA 16530 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by Erie Insurance
- Washington, DC
- West Virginia
|Vehicle and Equipment Discounts||
|Financial Strength Rating||