Who is the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select CardDesigned For?
The Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select Card is an excellent option for frequent flyers with American Airlines, particularly those who take long-distance trips. That is because American Airlines, one of the largest airlines in the world, is also one of the last to award reward miles based on how far you travel not on the cost of the ticket. There is certainly no lack of options when it comes to long-distance flights. American Airlines flies to 273 destinations in 51 countries.
What are Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select Card’ Interest Rates?
Interest rates for purchases and balance transfers for the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select Card range from 14.24% to 22.24% depending on the credit history of applicants. Cash advances have an APR of 25.49%. There is also a 29.99% APR penalty rate for credit card users who make a late payment or a payment that is returned.
What Are the Fees for the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select Card?
- The Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select Card has a $95 annual fee. However, the fee is waived for the first year.
- There are no foreign transaction costs. This is new. Up to 2015, Citi did charge a fee for international transactions.
- Citi does charge a 3% balance transfer ($5 minimum) and a 5% ($10 minimum) cash advance fee.
- Late payments and returned payments incur fees of up to $37.
- There is no penalty rate or over-the-credit-limit fee.
What Is Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select Card’ Rewards Program Like?
The Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Card gives 2x points on American Airlines purchases and 1 per $1 spent on all other purchases. AAdvantage members also enjoy a 7,500-point discount when redeeming points for a round trip (3,750 for a one-way ticket). AAdvantage gives back to users 10% of the miles they redeem during the year.
What about the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select Card’ Signup Bonus?
New members earn 30,000 points (the equivalent of $300) after they spend $1,000 within the first three months.
Does the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select Card Have Any Other Benefits?
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Card offers cardholders a wide selection of valuable benefits. These include American Airlines flight perks such as:
- Group 1 boarding rights on domestic flights
- Free checked bags
- Citi private pass (VIP perks and pre-sale tickets)
- 25% savings on in-flight food
- First checked bag flies free
General travel perks, such as
- Lost baggage protection (up to $3,000 per person)
- Travel emergency assistance
- Travel accident insurance (up to $500,000)
- Worldwide car rental insurance
And purchase protection benefits, such as
- Citi’s price rewind
- Damage and theft protection (up to $1,000 per item)
- Extended warranty (up to $10,000 a year)
How Is Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select Card Better Than Other Credit Cards?
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Card offers frequent flyers a way to earn a generous signup bonus and valuable travel perks with one of the largest airlines in the world.
Earning and redeeming points is easy and comes with a 10% rebate on all points redeemed. Travelers earn award miles based on the distance they travel not on the cost of the ticket, which benefits long-distance travelers.
The annual fee is waived the first year. On the other hand, there is no annual anniversary bonus to offset the annual fee the second year.
|Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select Card||
14.24% to 22.24%
Be the first to write a review for this company!Write a Review