Who is the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard Designed For?
Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard is an excellent option for frequent flyers with American Airlines, particularly those who take long-distance trips. That is because American Airlines, one of the largest airlines in the world, is also one of the last to award reward miles based on how far you travel not on the cost of the ticket. There is certainly no lack of options when it comes to long-distance flights. American Airlines flies to 273 destinations in 51 countries.
What are Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard's Rates?
The rates for purchases and balance transfers for Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard range from 16.24% APR to 24.24% APR depending on the credit history of applicants. Cash advances have a rate of 25.74% APR. There is also a 29.99% APR penalty rate for credit card users who make a late payment or a payment that is returned.
What Are the Fees for the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard?
- Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard has a $95 annual fee. However, the fee is waived for the first year.
- There are no foreign transaction costs. This is new. Up to 2015, Citi did charge a fee for international transactions.
- Citi does charge a 3% balance transfer ($5 minimum) and a 5% ($10 minimum) cash advance fee.
- Late payments and returned payments incur fees of up to $35.
- There is no over-the-credit-limit fee.
What Is Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard's Rewards Program Like?
Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard gives 2 miles on American Airlines purchases and 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases. AAdvantage members also enjoy a 7,500-mile discount when redeeming miles for a round trip (3,750 for a one-way ticket). AAdvantage gives back to users 10% of the miles they redeem during the year up to 10,000 miles.
What about Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard's Signup Bonus?
New members earn 50,000 miles (roughly the equivalent of $600) after they spend $3,000 within the first three months.
Does Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard Have Any Other Benefits?
Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard offers cardholders a wide selection of valuable benefits. These include American Airlines flight perks such as:
- Group 1 boarding rights on domestic flights
- Free checked bags
- Citi private pass (VIP perks and pre-sale tickets)
- 25% savings on in-flight food
- First checked bag flies free
General travel perks, such as
- Lost baggage protection (up to $3,000 per person)
- Travel emergency assistance
- Travel accident insurance (up to $500,000)
- Worldwide car rental insurance
And purchase protection benefits, such as
- Citi’s price rewind
- Damage and theft protection (up to $1,000 per item)
- Extended warranty (up to $10,000 a year)
How Is Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard Better Than Other Credit Cards?
Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard offers frequent flyers a way to earn a generous signup bonus and valuable travel perks with one of the largest airlines in the world.
Earning and redeeming points is easy and comes with a 10% rebate on all points redeemed. Travelers earn award miles based on the distance they travel not on the cost of the ticket, which benefits long-distance travelers.
The annual fee is waived the first year. On the other hand, there is no annual anniversary bonus to offset the annual fee the second year.
|Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard||
Be the first to write a review for this company!Write a Review