Who is the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier CardDesigned For?
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Card is an excellent option for people who frequently travel (or plan to travel) with Southwest Airlines and want an easy to use frequent flyer program. It isn’t a good choice for people hoping to use their points on other airlines or who value luxury perks. Southwest Airlines is, after all, a no-frills airline and it isn’t a member of any of the three major airline alliances: Star Alliance, OneWorld, and Sky Team.
What are Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Card’ Interest Rates?
Interest rates for purchases and balance transfers for the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Card range from 16.24% to 23.24% depending on creditworthiness. Cash advances have an APR of 25.24%.
What Are the Fees for the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Card?
- The Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Card has a $99 annual fee that is not waived the first year.
- There are no foreign transaction fees.
- There is a 5% balance transfer ($5 minimum) and cash advance fee ($10 minimum).
- Late payments and returned payments incur fees of up to $37.
- There is no penalty rate or over-the-credit-limit fee.
What Is Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Card’ Rewards Program Like?
Southwest Rapid Rewards cardholders earn 2 points for every $1 they spend on Southwest Airlines and Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental partner purchases. All other purchases earn 1 point for every $1 spent.
There is a lot to love about Southwest Rapid Rewards. Unlike many other airline frequent flyer programs, Southwest does not have blackout dates or seat restrictions for travelers using points to book flights.
Southwest Rapid Rewards offers an anniversary bonus of 6,000 points to members on their account anniversary. This is the equivalent of $60, which goes a long way to offsetting the $99 annual fee.
What about the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Card’ Signup Bonus?
New members receive 25,000 points after they spend $1,000 within the first three months. The signup bonus is available to consumers who have not received a new Member bonus in the last 24 months.
Does the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Card Have Any Other Benefits?
Southwest Airlines is a no-frills/discount airline, so it’s no surprise its co-branded credit card does not offer much in the way of luxury benefits and perks. However, it has valuable benefits for cardholders who frequently travel with Southwest Airlines
- All cardholders receive two free checked bags
- There are no flight change fees.
- Cardholders who earn 110,000 points (or fly 100 Southwest Airlines one-way flights) within a calendar year receive a Companion Pass. The Companion Pass allows travelers to invite a companion to travel with them for free on any flight they purchase. The pass is valid as soon as you meet the point requirement and for the calendar year following the year in which you qualified.
How Is Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Card Better Than Other Credit Cards?
Southwest Rapid Rewards provides a substantial signup bonus and a flexible rewards program. There are no blackout dates or restrictions when redeeming points for flights. Frequent fliers enjoy free checked bags, free flight changes and the option of earning a Companion Pass.
The $99 annual fee is pricey, especially since it’s not waived the first year. However, regular Southwest Airlines travelers will quickly offset the cost.
|Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Card||
Be the first to write a review for this company!Write a Review