Allstate was founded in 1931 and is headquartered in Northbrook, Illinois. The company is one of the largest property and casualty businesses in the insurance industry and provides coverage on everything from autos and homes to businesses and events. Allstate has $108.6 billion in assets and over 12,000 local agents spread throughout the nation.
Allstate has received strong financial ratings including an A+ from A.M. Best, an AA- from Standard & Poor’s and an Aa3 from Moody’s.
Renters insurance from Allstate offers the following types of protection to tenants:
- Personal property coverage, which insures your personal belongings including clothing, furniture and electronics if they are stolen or damaged due to covered cases such as fire or theft.
- Scheduled personal property coverage, which can insure high-priced belongings that aren’t included in standard personal property coverage.
- Liability coverage, which protects you from legal expenses, damages and medical expenses if somebody gets hurt on your property and you are found legally responsible.
- Guest medical coverage, which takes care of necessary and reasonable medical expenses such as ambulance service or x-rays if someone gets hurt on your property.
- Reimbursed living expenses coverage, which compensates you for the increase in living expenses caused by damages to your home.
- Identity restoration coverage, which pays for damages when you are the victim of identity theft and gives you access to a fraud specialist to help repair the problem.
- Optional provisions including flood insurance and personal umbrella insurance.
Allstate offers a number of discounts, which you may be eligible for, including the following options:
- Safe home discount. Rental homes with qualifying safety devices and services such as a security system or fire alarm can receive up to a 15% discount.
- Easy pay plan discount. Renters who sign up for automatic payments receive up to a 5% discount.
- Multi-policy discount. Policyholders with an auto insurance policy can save when they add a renters insurance policy.
- 55 and retired discount. If you’re older than 55 and retired, you can enjoy up to a 25% discount.
- Claim-free discount. Customers who switch to Allstate and are claim-free can receive a discount up to 20%.
Allstate is a financially stable insurance company that provides reliable and comprehensive coverage. The brand offers competitive rates and excellent customer service. To get a free quote or learn more about coverage options, you can contact Allstate online, by phone or in person at a local agent location.