Quilt Renters Insurance Overview
QUILT is part of a new breed of niche online insurance providers that are targeting the renters’ insurance space. It was founded in 2015 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts. Currently, it only provides its services in Florida as part of a partnership with Security First Insurance.
The main benefit Quilt offers over other insurers is a streamlined customer service and competitive rates. The entire process is done online without phone calls, faxes, or paperwork.
As of October 2016, Quilt has received $3.25 million in seed funding. The main investors are NextView Ventures, Eniac Ventures, Founder Collective, Titan Partners, and Basset Investment Group.
What Are Quilt Renters Insurance’s Ratings?
Quilt has not yet received ratings by Moody’s, AM Best, or Standard & Poor’s.
What Coverage Does Quilt Renters Insurance Offer?
Quilt provides renters insurance for as little as $12 a month. It offers coverage for:
- Personal property damage caused by theft, fire, vandalism, broken piles, and more
- Damage or loss of property when traveling or outside your home
- Liability coverage for pets
- Medical liability coverage if a guest gets hurt in your home
- Notice that Quilt does not cover floods or earthquakes
- Replacement cost value (as opposed to actual cash value).
How Does Quilt Compare with Other Renters Insurance Companies?
Quilt is a brand new player in the insurance industry. It still has a lot to prove on how it is any different from other online insurers. As of now, it only provides renters’ insurance in one state, Florida, but it does show a lot of promise.
- Low prices (as low as $12 a month)
- Easy to understand policies. Quilt is dropping the legalese and explains its policies in a language we can all understand
- No faxes, phone calls, or paperwork required
We don't like:
- Lack of coverage choices
- No earthquake or flood coverage
- Only available in Florida
SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking on links posted on this website. Read more...
I love Quilt. Their customer service is amazing. Chris helped me process my claim and talked me through every question I had. I was able to work through their chat service and didn't need to call but they gave me the option if needed. Definitely recommend if you are looking for amazing customer service and simple process, go with Quilt.
They are bluff don’t even deserve my one star too
I bought a policy, I've been trying to contact customer service for 5 days, left numerous voice mails and tried to chat online with someone; no one has contacted me. Last time I do business with them.
I like the easy to use platform and friendly customer service agents on their site. However, they are not available in Virginia, so not much use to me.
Other Renters Insurance companies