in Tax Preparation Firms from Credit Karma
Would you recommend Credit Karma to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
|Community Rating||Strongly recommended|
|Federal Standard Price||$0|
|State Return Price||$0|
Credit Karma Review
Where does Credit Karma do business?
Credit Karma is a tax preparation firm based in San Francisco, CA. The company, which was founded in 2008, helps individuals with tax preparation and filing services.
What does Credit Karma charge for filing a tax return?
The price of services can vary widely depending on the type of services you require. To help you compare prices we have categorized tax preparation services into three tiers: basic, standard, and premium.
Federal tax returns
- Credit Karma does not charge for filing a basic federal tax return. Yes, it's free.
- Credit Karma does not charge for filing a standard federal tax return. Yes, it's free.
- Credit Karma does not charge for filing a premium federal tax return. Yes, it's free.
State tax returns
Credit Karma does not charge for filing a state tax return. Yes, it's free.
What type of taxes can Credit Karma handle?
If all you need is help with a basic tax return, you can choose from a wide selection of free online products. However, not all tax preparation software products are designed for complex tax issues. For instance, business owners and self-employed taxpayers will typically need more sophisticated tax preparation software that can process additional tax forms and tackle more deductions and credits.
Credit Karma can handle the following special tax scenarios:
- Business owners and self-employed taxpayers
- Estates, trusts, and retirement accounts
- Tax returns with investment and rental property
- Property taxes
What additional benefits does Credit Karma offer?
As well as offering federal tax filing and preparation servcies, Credit Karma also offers the following benefits:
- Audit support
- Automatic error detection
- e-File included
- State tax returns included
Note that you may pay a premium for these additional benefits through other providers and you may not need them all. Consider the services you or your business require before choosing a tax preparation firm.