|Federal Standard Price||N/A|
|State Return Price||$14.99|
TaxACT Ultimate Review
Where does TaxACT Ultimate do business?
TaxACT Ultimate is a tax preparation firm based in Cedar Rapids, IA. The company, which was founded in 1998, helps individuals with tax preparation and filing services.
What does TaxACT Ultimate charge for filing a tax return?
The price of services can vary widely depending on the type of services you require. To help you compare prices we have categorized tax preparation services into three tiers: basic, standard, and premium.
Federal tax returns
- TaxACT Ultimate charges $19.99 for a basic tax return.
- TaxACT Ultimate does not charge for filing a standard federal tax return. Yes, it's free.
- TaxACT Ultimate does not charge for filing a premium federal tax return. Yes, it's free.
State tax returns
TaxACT Ultimate charges $14.99 for filing a state tax return.
What type of taxes can TaxACT Ultimate handle?
If all you need is help with a basic tax return, you can choose from a wide selection of free online products. However, not all tax preparation software products are designed for complex tax issues. For instance, business owners and self-employed taxpayers will typically need more sophisticated tax preparation software that can process additional tax forms and tackle more deductions and credits.
TaxACT Ultimate can handle the following special tax scenarios:
- Business owners and self-employed taxpayers
- Estates, trusts, and retirement accounts
- Tax returns with investment and rental property
- Property taxes
What additional benefits does TaxACT Ultimate offer?
As well as offering federal tax filing and preparation servcies, TaxACT Ultimate also offers the following benefits:
- Audit support
- Automatic error detection
- e-File included
- State tax returns included
- Tax deduction finder
Note that you may pay a premium for these additional benefits through other providers and you may not need them all. Consider the services you or your business require before choosing a tax preparation firm.