Allianz Global Assistance USA is a leading company in the travel insurance sector. It has offices in 34 countries and insures 16 million customers every year. Allianz has a presence in 66 countries and a network of over 400,000 medical and non-medical providers. AM Best and the BBB both rate Allianz Global Assistance with an A+.
Allianz Global Assistance is based in Henrico, Virginia, and is an affiliate of Jefferson Insurance Company and part of Allianz SE, the world’s largest diversified insurance company.
What Services Does Allianz Global Assistance Offer?
Allianz Global Assitance offers travel insurance for domestic and international travel. It has special policies for cruises, car rentals and annual policies for frequent travelers.
- The international travel coverage has three plans: basic, classic and classic with Trip+. Basic provides basic emergency medical insurance while traveling, something most domestic health insurance plans don’t offer. It also offers trip protection, baggage loss and travel delay protection. The classic provides full medical insurance, change fee coverage, missed connection protection and includes a frequent traveler loyalty plan. Children 17 and under are covered for free. The classic with Trip+ plan offers the same robust medical and trip cancellation coverage with additional benefits and higher limits for more expensive vacations and remote destinations.
- Domestic travel coverage also has three types of plans: basic, classic and essential. The essential only provides trip cancellation, trip interruption and travel delay coverage. The basic plan also includes emergency medical, emergency medical transportation, baggage loss, and baggage delay coverage. The most comprehensive coverage is offered by the classic plan, which also throws in missed connection, change fee coverage, and a frequent traveler loyalty plan. Both the basic and classic include coverage of existing medical conditions.
What Are Allianz Global Assistance’s Policy Prices Like?
Prices vary widely depending on the type of coverage, age, state of residency and destination. To illustrate:
- A one-month international travel insurance basic plan for a trip worth $10,000 with $10,000 coverage for emergency medical insurance, $50,000 for emergency medical transportation and $5,000 for trip interruption will cost $358 for a couple in their mid-30s. The same couple would pay $654 for a classic with Trip+ policy with $7,500 trip interruption coverage, $50,000 emergency medical coverage and $1 million for emergency medical transportation.
- A one month international domestic (USA) trip worth $5,000 for a couple in their mid-30s with a trip cancellation coverage of $2,500, medical insurance of $25,000 and medical transportation of $500,000, would cost $260 (classic plan).
These prices are valid as of September 2015 and could change any time. Visit Allianz Global Assistance’s website for a personalized quote.
How Is Allianz Global Assistance Better Than Other Travel Insurance Companies?
Allianz Global Assistance is part of one of a huge international corporation with a presence in most travel destinations, which goes a long way in providing peace of mind. It also has a solid network of medical and support providers and an easy to use claim process. The policy prices are competitive but certainly not cheap. However, if reliable international coverage is what you’re looking for, it is hard to beat the world’s largest diversified insurance company.
9950 Mayland Drive
Henrico, VA 23233 USA
- Visit Site
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Family Plans
- 3rd Party Supplier Insolvency
- Accidental Death or Dismemberment
- Baggage Delay Coverage
- Baggage Loss Coverage
- Cancel for Work Reasons Coverage
- Cruise Insurance
- Emergency Evacuation Coverage
- Flight Accident Coverage
- Identity Theft
- Medical Expense Coverage
- Missed Connection Coverage
- Pre-existing Condition Waivers
- Rental Car Collision
- Repatriation of Remains
- Return of a Minor
- Theft Protection
- Travel Delay Coverage
- Travel Major Medical (Long-Term Travel)
- Travel to High-Risk Countries
- Trip Cancellation Coverage
- Trip Interruption Coverage
- Vehicle Hijacking
- Weather Delays
- 24/7 Phone Availability
- Free Policy Cancellation
- Digital Claims Reporting
- Annual Coverage
- Group Plans
- Long-Term International
- Single Trip