Travelex Insurance Services is part of the Travelex Group, which was founded by Lloyd Dorfman in 1976 and has its headquarters in the United Kingdom. Travelex started as a currency exchange store and has become the world’s leading provider of foreign exchange services and the largest retail airport network, but it now offers a variety of services. These include arranging for international payments, issuing prepaid credit cards and travel insurance.
Travelex Insurance Services was launched in 1996 and has its headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska. It has an A rating with A.M. Best and an A+ with BBB. The company offers a wide variety of travel insurance plans. Policies are available online, through tour operators, travel agencies and at airports.
What Services Does Allianz Global Assistance Offer?
Travelex Insurance has five main insurance plans: travel basic, travel select, travel max, business traveler and flight insure plus. Each plan is customizable and allows for a wide selection of upgrades to meet each traveler’s needs. Policies can be made out to individuals or groups, for one-off trips or annual all-inclusive plans.
- Travel Basic is for trips with a total value of up to $10,000 and a maximum length of 30 days. It includes the essential travel insurance features, such as trip cancellation, medical coverage, emergency medical evacuation and baggage delay. However, it can also include additional services, such as coverage for rental vehicles and other types of transportation, if the client upgrades to a transportation pack. Travelex calls these themed upgrades paks.
- Travel Select provides coverage for trips of up to $25,000 and a maximum trip length of 180 days. It offers a larger selection of features, such as coverage for adventure vacations, professional trips, medical coverage that includes preexisting conditions and kids under 21 don’t have to pay.
- Travel Max plans covers vacations of up to $50,000 and a maximum trip length of 180 days. It has most of Travel Select’s available upgrades included and a medical evacuation coverage of up to $1 million, pet medical coverage and sports equipment rental.
- Flight Insure Plus is also highly customizable but is particularly geared toward flight accidents, travel assistance and concierge services.
- Business Traveler plans are designed for small and medium-sized companies who want to provide its workers with flexible travel insurance. The plans are highly flexible to give companies customized protection particularly with medical and rental car benefits.
What Are Allianz Global Assistance’s Policy Prices Like?
Prices vary based on the cost of the vacation, the age of the insured and the type of plan chosen.
- A one-month Travel Select plan for a couple in their mid-30s living in Michigan who go on a trip worth $10,000 with $50,000 coverage for medical benefits, and $500,000 for emergency medical transportation would cost $594. The same trip would cost $1,159 for a Travel Max plan.
- The same trip for a couple in their mid-60s would cost $903 and $1,327, respectively.
How Is Travelex Better Than Other Travel Insurance Companies?
- Travelex is part of an international group with strong ties in the travel and financial sectors. If you're looking for an international firm with a reputation to protect and a reliable network to lean on, Travelex is a good option.
- Its policy plans are highly customizable with a wide selection of upgrades available, so you only pay for the coverage you need and want.
- Competitive prices. Prices are not cheap but fair when you consider the coverage Travelex provides and its huge network of offices throughout the world.
- Family-friendly plans. Travelex gives kids under 21 free coverage when parents purchase a Travel Select plan.
Baggage Loss and Delay
Car Rental Insurance
SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking on links posted on this website. Read more...
No reviews found.
Be the first to write a review for this company!
Write a Review
Other Travel Insurance companies