How would it be never to have to pay for an Uber ride again? That just might be possible with the new Uber Visa Card. Issued by Barclaycard, the new credit card has an impressive mix of bonuses, rewards, and features. But surprisingly, there are no bonus rewards on Uber rides.
“We are really starting to think about how to connect Uber to the things you are doing before and after riding,” said Judy Zhu, a business development executive at Uber.
Here’s how the card’s tiered rewards structure breaks down:
- 4% back on dining, including UberEATS
- 3% back on hotel and airfare
- 2% back on online purchases
- 1% back on all other purchases
These rates and any of the other terms mentioned in this news release are only current as of November 2017, They could change at any time.
There’s no limit on how many points you can earn, and you can redeem your points for Uber credit, cash back, or gift cards. There’s also a sign-up bonus worth $100 if you spend $500 in the first 90 days.
“Given that it is no-fee, it has some of the best reward points out there,” said Curt Hess, chief executive officer of Barclaycard US. Other features of the card include the following:
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Up to $600 in mobile phone insurance for theft or damage if you pay your complete monthly phone bill with the card.
- $50 subscription credit if you spend at least $5,000 per year. You can use the credit at Apple Music, Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music, Google Music, Audible, Sirius XM, Netflix, Hulu, HBO NOW, DirecTV NOW, Amazon Prime, or Shoprunner.
- Exclusive access to events and offers in select U.S. cities.
We are really starting to think about how to connect Uber to the things you are doing before and after riding”
All in all, the new Uber Visa Card is a solid option for everyday spending. It allows you to earn free Uber rides but also gives you the flexibility of cash back. The card will be officially launched on November 2, 2017.