You can reload your CashApp at multiple retail locations, such as Walmart, Walgreens, Rite Aid, and Family Dollar (pretty much anywhere that accepts Visa debit cards). If you want to avoid fees, you can use an ATM to deposit cash into your Cash App account.
Ask any of the millions of people who use Cash App, and many of them will likely tell you how great it is to have a Cash App card. If you have a Cash App account, you can quickly access your funds with a Cash App card. Many people even use it as their go-to debit card because it doesn’t incur overdraft fees.
You can use Cash App as a way to withdraw money without a debit card. While the app itself is useful, you may be wondering where can you load money to your Cash App balance. Fortunately, you have a surprising number of options to choose from! Let’s go over the Cash App card and the methods you can use to reload your balance.
Retail stores where you can reload your Cash App balance
Loading paper money to your Cash App account is a little more complicated, but it’s still possible. Here are the most common places you can deposit paper money into your Cash App card:
Ubiquitous as it is, it’s no surprise that your local Walmart will accept paper money deposits to your Cash App account. To deposit money into Cash App at Walmart, you will need to go to the Customer Service desk and request a deposit into the app.
Walgreens, one of the most widespread pharmacy chains in the United States, also offers a Cash App deposit option. You will need to request this deposit at the checkout counter.
If you don’t have a Walgreens nearby, you can also go to your local Rite Aid for Cash App deposits. Like in Walgreens, you can get Cash App support at Rite Aid via the checkout counter. Simply ask the clerk to deposit money into your account.
The following are among the several major convenience store chains that offer the option to load cash into your Cash App account:
- Kum & Go
- Kwik Trip
According to the Cash App website, H-E-B is the only grocery store that will allow you to make deposits to your Cash Card balance in person.
As of 2022, there are only two national dollar store chains that offer you the option to load physical money to your Cash App account. The most common chain is Dollar General, where you can reload your Cash App balance at the checkout counter.
If you don’t have a Dollar General in your area, you can also load cash to your Cash App card at a Family Dollar store. Although Dollar General and Family Dollar are major competitors, the process should be the same.
Can you reload your Cash App card balance online?
Yes, you can reload your Cash App balance directly from your phone, as long as you’ve linked a bank account to the app. You can load up your funds by transferring money directly to your Cash App balance.
Cash App also allows you to direct deposit funds into your account through the app. To add money via the app, go to the Cash App home screen, then tap on “Money” and “Add Cash.”
How to load your Cash App account with a paper money deposit
To add money to Cash App from a retail location, follow these steps:
How to deposit money into Cash App
- Go to the Cash App home screen on your mobile phone and tap your current account balance.
- Scroll down and select “Paper Money.”
- Choose the location where you will be adding money to your balance.
- Once you’re ready to check out, tap the “Show Barcode” icon in the app.
- Hand the cashier the money and have them scan the barcode on your screen.
- And that’s it! The money will be automatically deposited into your Cash App account.
Keep in mind that aside from the minimum deposit limit of $5, there may be additional fees for adding money to your Cash App card from a retail location. These will vary by store, but most Cash App reload locations will charge a money transfer fee of $4. This means you will likely need to hand over at least $9 in cash whenever you make a paper money deposit into Cash App at a retail store.
Why do retail locations charge a fee to deposit money into a Cash App account?
Money transfers usually incur a transaction fee, so merchants need to recover that cost from customers. A participating deposit location may also want to recoup the costs of installing the necessary software for Cash App deposits and training employees to make the transactions.
How much paper money can you deposit into your Cash App account?
You cannot deposit more than $1,000 in paper money per rolling seven days into your Cash App account, nor can you deposit more than $4,000 in any rolling period of 30 days. A single deposit cannot exceed $500, which means you can make at most two deposits of $500 into your account every seven days.
How to load money into your Cash App card via an ATM
If you don’t want to (or can’t) go to retail stores to deposit money into Cash App, you can add physical cash to your account using an ATM instead. Note that you will need a traditional bank account to do this.
Here’s how to add money to Cash App using an ATM and your bank account:
- Deposit cash at an ATM into your primary checking account. The nearest ATM deposit locations will likely be at your local bank branch.
- Go into your Cash App account and transfer money from your linked bank account to your Cash App card.Be aware that a standard deposit won’t be an instant transfer; you will need to wait a few business days to receive money in your account or pay a fee to transfer the money instantly.
Can you withdraw money from Cash App at an ATM?
Thanks to the advent of the Cash App card, you can withdraw money from your Cash App balance at any ATM. Your Cash App card acts like a standard debit card; simply use it at an ATM as you would any traditional bank card.
Where do I find the Cash App barcode to load my Cash App card?
The Cash App barcode is located on your Cash App home screen. You will find the QR code next to your profile picture.
Can Cash App be trusted?
Yes and no. In terms of security, Cash App offers a highly encrypted money transfer service, so you don’t need to worry too much about being hacked.
However, Cash App doesn’t have the best track record when it comes to fraud protection. If you use the app to buy a good and then never receive the item, Cash App will usually not refund you that money.
To be fair, Cash App does try to prevent scams by monitoring money transfers to other countries. However, you should still keep an eye out for scams yourself to keep your Cash App account safe.
What else should I know about depositing cash into a Cash App account?
When you deposit cash at retail locations, some cashiers may mistakenly think they need to swipe your Cash App card to complete the transaction. However, deposits into Cash App should be made with the QR code in your Cash App account; they will need to scan that barcode/QR code instead.
Also be aware that some retail locations may ask for ID verification before adding money to your account. This rule varies by location, as it will be implemented at the discretion of the store owner, so be ready to show your ID if necessary.
- There are multiple retail locations where you can load money to your Cash App card, including convenience stores, dollar stores, pharmacies, and Walmart.
- You can also deposit money into your Cash App account using an ATM: simply send money to your bank account, then transfer the funds to your Cash App balance.
- A participating store that offers Cash App deposits will usually incur a $4 money transfer fee, but the money will be automatically deposited to your account.
- You can avoid money transfer fees by using the ATM workaround, but you will need to wait a few business days to receive the money in your Cash App balance.
- You cannot add more than $500 to Cash App at a time, and your deposits cannot exceed $1,000 per seven days.
Whether you’re trying to send money anonymously or you’re interested in using prepaid cards, you have plenty of options when it comes to money transfer services. If you’re not sure which one is right for you, start by reading SuperMoney’s guide to comparing money transfer services, then use our comparison tool to find the best money transfer service for your needs!
View Article Sources
- Paper Money Deposits – Cash App
- Cash App Card – Cash App
- Keep your money and account safe on Cash App – Cash App
- Cash App Revenue and Usage Statistics (2022) – Business of Apps
- How Can I Withdraw Cash Without an ATM Card? – SuperMoney
- Best Money Transfer Apps in 2022 – SuperMoney
- How to Get Money Off a Debit Card Without a PIN – SuperMoney
- How to Send Money to Mexico Online in 5 Easy Steps – SuperMoney
- How To Send Money Anonymously – 2022 Guide – SuperMoney
- Compare Money Transfer Services: 8 Factors to Consider – SuperMoney