It is traditionally known as the last weekend of the summer. And let’s face it – we don’t get another three day weekend until when? So before it is over, why not enjoy it as much as possible?
Here are some great, inexpensive ways to enjoy your Labor Day weekend.
In this article
- 1 1. Enjoy your local parks
- 2 2. Find a beach
- 3 3. Hit up a water park
- 4 4. Camp
- 5 5. Explore your own backyard
- 6 6. Go for a hike
- 7 7. Enjoy a backyard BBQ with your neighbors
- 8 8. Catch up on some much needed rest
- 9 9. Hit the stores for all the great sales
- 10 10. Find a local museum or zoo
- 11 11. Catch a game
- 12 12. Binge watch your favorite show
- 13 13. Hit the movie theater
- 14 14. Get to work on that to-do list around the house
- 15 15. Visit with your family
1. Enjoy your local parks
2. Find a beach
3. Hit up a water park
5. Explore your own backyard
Hop in the car and go explore your neighborhood. You might be surprised what you find in the next town over or even closer.
6. Go for a hike
7. Enjoy a backyard BBQ with your neighbors
8. Catch up on some much needed rest
9. Hit the stores for all the great sales
Labor Day weekend is host to tons of great sales, especially at car dealerships. Hit up the malls and be sure to check your Sunday paper for all sorts of great deals. Remember, it’s never too early to start shopping for Christmas!
10. Find a local museum or zoo
11. Catch a game
12. Binge watch your favorite show
You’ve got that Netflix account, why not put it to good use? All your co-workers at the office have been talking about the latest episode of that popular new show, but you haven’t had a chance to even watch season 1 – until now.
13. Hit the movie theater
14. Get to work on that to-do list around the house
We put these things off indefinitely all year long, swearing we will get to them as soon as we have time. Well, it’s time. Get started on all those little projects around the house. You’ll feel like you actually accomplished something this weekend!