Where does Electric Insurance do business?
Electric Insurance is an insurance carrier based in Beverly, MA. The company was founded in 1966 and offers auto insurance in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
What types of auto insurance coverage does Electric Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about auto insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. Electric Insurance offers the following types of auto insurance coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have an auto lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage:If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
Electric Insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their policies:
- Rental Car Coverage: Rental car coverage, also known as rental car reimbursement, pays for the cost of a car rental if you can't drive your vehicle because of a covered loss, such as a car accident, theft, or vandalism.
- Loan / Lease / GAP Coverage: GAP coverage covers the difference between what you owe on your vehicle and its current cash value in the event of a total loss.
- Emergency Roadside Service: Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
What benefits does Electric Insurance offer?
Electric Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
- Mechanical / Auto Body Repair Network: Enjoy the competitive prices and peace of mind of having access to a network of service and repair shops.
What discounts can you ask for when applying for a policy with Electric Insurance?
When you ask for a quote with Electric Insurance, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the discounts currently available that are specific to boat insurance.
- Alternative Fuel / Hybrid: For some reason, possibly because they drive fewer miles, people who own hybrids or alternative fuel vehicles pose a lower insurance risk. If your car is green, make sure you earn the rewards.
- Anti-Lock Brake System: ABS technology reduces uncontrolled skids and insurance premiums. Most cars have them but it's a discount people often forget to ask for.
- Daytime Running Lights: This is a discount you may not have heard of but it is becoming more commonplace. Daytime running lights make you more visible and to drivers and pedestrians, which reduces accidents.
- Internal Safety Features: Electric Insurance offers additional savings if you have seatbelts, airbags, and similar safety features. Ask what other safety features on your car will trigger a discount.
- New Vehicle: If you buy a current year or previous year model, you will qualify for a juicy discount on your premium.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with Electric Insurance.
75 Sam Fonzo Drive
Beverly, MA 01915 USA
- Visit Site
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Vehicle and Equipment Discounts||
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||
|Financial Strength Rating||