|Financial Strength Rating||A|
Electric Insurance Auto Insurance Review
Electric Insurance is a car insurance carrier based in Beverly, MA. The insurance company was founded in 1966 and offers car insurance in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
If you're considering whether Electric car insurance is a good option for you, read on.
Electric car insurance Pros & Cons
Electric car insurance FAQ
What types of car insurance coverage options does Electric car insurance offer?
Although we often talk about car insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage options. Electric car insurance offers the following types of car insurance coverage options:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have an auto lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage:If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most insurance policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
Electric car insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their insurance policies:
- Rental Car Coverage: Rental car coverage, also known as rental car reimbursement, pays for the cost of a car rental if you can't drive your vehicle because of a covered loss, such as a car accident, theft, or vandalism.
- Loan / Lease / GAP Coverage: GAP coverage covers the difference between what you owe on your vehicle and its current cash value in the event of a total loss.
- Emergency Roadside Service: Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does Electric car insurance have roadside assistance?Emergency Roadside Service available. Yes, Electric Insurance offers roadside assistance to policyholders. Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does Electric car insurance offer ridesharing insurance?No, Electric car insurance does not offer ridesharing coverage as a rider or endorsement.
What benefits does Electric car insurance offer?
Electric car insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
- Mechanical / Auto Body Repair Network: Enjoy the competitive prices and peace of mind of having access to a network of service and repair shops.
What insurance discounts does Electric car insurance offer?When you ask for an insurance quote with Electric car insurance, make sure you ask for all the insurance discounts you qualify for. These are the insurance discounts currently available that are specific to car insurance.
- Alternative Fuel / Hybrid: For some reason, possibly because they drive fewer miles, people who own hybrids or alternative fuel vehicles pose a lower insurance risk. If your car is green, make sure you earn the rewards.
- Anti-Lock Brake System: ABS technology reduces uncontrolled skids and insurance premiums. Most cars have them but it's an insurance discount people often forget to ask for.
- Daytime Running Lights: This is an insurance discount you may not have heard of but it is becoming more commonplace. Daytime running lights make you more visible and to drivers and pedestrians, which reduces accidents.
- Internal Safety Features: Electric car insurance offers additional savings if you have seatbelts, airbags, and similar safety features. Ask what other safety features on your car will trigger an inurance discount.
- New Vehicle: If you buy a current year or previous year model, you will qualify for an insurance discount on your premium.
Want more insurance discounts? Check the insurance discounts tab for a full list of general policy insurance discounts you can qualify for with Electric car insurance.
How does Electric Insurance calculate insurance rates?
Car insurance companies guard their risk-assessment algorithms as a trade secret, and Electric Insurance is no exception. However, you can be confident that Electric car insurance will take into consideration your driving record, age, gender, marital status, and address.
Other factors it will take into consideration are your vehicle (make and model), insurance history, and how you use your car.
Does Electric car insurance use your credit score?
It is safe to assume that, when legal, a car insurance company will use your credit score as a rating factor. There are two exceptions.
- If you live in California, Hawaii, or Massachusetts, a car insurance company is not allowed to use your credit report as a rating factor.
- There are also a handful of car insurance companies that base their insurance rates exclusively on telematic data. These companies collect information on your driving behavior and use it to determine the risk you pose as a driver.
How can I get a Electric car insurance insurance quote
- Visit the Electric Insurance website.
- Fill out the insurance online quote application form. You will typically need to provide personal information, such as your name, vehicle, driver's license, and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
Message From Electric Insurance
- Washington, DC
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Vehicle and Equipment Discounts||
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||
|Financial Strength Rating||A|