First Bank First Choice Checking Review
First Bank First Choice Checking is offered by First Bank,
founded in 1906 and based in Creve Coeur, MO.
First Bank First Choice Checking is available in
3 states across the USA.
- Charges a monthly fee. This account charges a monthly service fee of up to $9.95, but the fee is waived if you keep a minimum balance of $1,500 or have a monthly direct deposit of $500.
- $100 minimum deposit. This is a typical minimum initial deposit, but there are accounts that require a smaller initial deposit or have no minimum.
- Bill pay. Pay your bills to practically anyone in the United States through First Bank.
First Bank First Choice Checking Pros & Cons
- Access to physical branches.
- Free debit card
- Access to a nationwide network of ATMs.
- No signup bonus.
- Does not earn interest.
- Only available in 3 states.
- Monthly service charge (if minimums are not met).
First Bank First Choice Checking FAQ
Are checking accounts from First Bank federally insured?
Yes, this account is insured up to $250,000 per person by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC #12229). The FDIC is an independent agency of the United States government that protects you against the loss of your insured deposits if an FDIC-insured bank or savings association fails. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
What APY does First Bank First Choice Checking offer?
First Bank First Choice Checking is not an interest bearing account.
What are the account minimums for First Bank First Choice Checking?
First Bank First Choice Checking requires a minimum initial deposit of $100 to open an account.
First Bank First Choice Checking Minimums
|Minimum Opening Deposit
||Starting at $100
|Minimum Balance to Avoid Monthly Fee
||Starting at $1,500
|Minimum Direct Deposit to Avoid Monthly Fee
What fees does First Bank First Choice Checking charge?
This account charges a monthly service fee of up to $9.95.
First Bank First Choice Checking Fees
||$0 - $9.95
|Bank Teller Fee
|Online Bill Pay Fee
|Check Cashing Fee
What features and perks does First Bank First Choice Checking offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Fraud monitoring - First Bank First Choice Checking monitors transactions for potentially unauthorized activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Online Bill Pay - Online Bill Pay allows you to pay bills easily from your account.
- Mobile Banking Services - First Bank First Choice Checking allows you to manage your money online or with a mobile app. This includes depositing checks in your account with a mobile app on your smartphone.
- Nationwide ATM network - Conveniently transact at a nearby ATM.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.