Launched in 1925, Nationwide is an insurance and financial services company that offers a wide-array of products including property insurance, property loans, savings accounts, credit cards and retirement plans. The company has over $197 billion in assets and is based in Columbus, Ohio.
Nationwide offers homeowners insurance in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
Nationwide has received high ratings from independent financial institutions including an A+ from A.M. Best, an A+ from Standard & Poor’s and an A1 from Moody’s. Additionally, the BBB gives Nationwide an A+.
With homeowners insurance from Nationwide, policies can include the following types of coverage:
- Dwelling coverage, protecting the structure of your home as well as built-in appliances and wall-to-wall carpet.
- Contents coverage, insuring your furniture, clothing and other belongings.
- Valuables insurance, providing additional coverage for high-value belongings.
- Personal liability, helping cover your legal liability if someone on your property is subjected to bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical payments, helping cover medical or funeral expenses of someone who was injured while on your property.
- Replacement cost plus, which helps pay an additional amount of your home coverage limit if more money is needed to rebuild after a covered loss.
- Protection against natural disasters and other tragedies including floods, earthquakes, water backup of sewer and theft.
Nationwide offers competitive rates and customizable plans to meet your specific needs. To get a homeowners insurance quote, you can request one online, by phone or in person at a local Nationwide agent location. The company offers discounts for those who bundle homeowners and auto insurance, those who have protective devices installed in their homes, those who stay claims-free and those who are 60 or older.
Be the first to write a review for this company!Write a Review