Berkshire Bank Mortgage
in Home Purchase Mortgages from Berkshire BankUnaffiliated
|Loan Amount||Up to $3,000,000|
|Loan Term (Years)||N/A|
Berkshire Bank Mortgage Review
Berkshire Bank Mortgage is offered by Berkshire Bank, founded in 1846 and based in Old Bethpage, NY. Berkshire Bank Mortgage is available in 48 states (and Washington, DC).
- 3 different mortgage programs offered. Berkshire Bank Mortgage offers FHA, USDA, VA, conforming, and conventional mortgages.
- Specializes in multi-family properties. Only offers mortgages for multi-family properties, but not for single-family homes or manufactured homes.
- Considers personal use and investment properties. Financing available for primary homes, vacation homes, and even investment homes, such as rental properties.
- Charges a prepayment fee. This means you will be charged an additional fee if you repay the mortgage early.
How much can you borrow via Berkshire Bank?
Berkshire Bank Mortgage allows borrowers to apply for loan amounts of up to $3,000,000. Note that the maximum loan amount you can borrow will also vary depending on the type of mortgage you choose, regardless of the lender you choose.
What mortgage rates does Berkshire Bank offer?
Mortgage rates change daily based on market conditions and vary significantly depending on the loan type and the length of the term. For instance, fixed rate mortgages will typically have a higher interest rate than mortgages with variable rates, and jumbo loans usually have higher mortgage rates than conforming conventional loans. Find the best interest rate available to you by getting quotes from three or more mortgage lenders before choosing a home loan.
Does Berkshire Bank Mortgage charge an application fee?
Do they charge mortgage origination fees?
Yes, Berkshire Bank Mortgage may charge a loan origination fee.
What mortgage programs are available?
Berkshire Bank Mortgage offers the following mortgage types:
- Conventional mortgages: This includes any mortgage that is not insured or guaranteed by the federal government.
- FHA loans: FHA loans are mortgages insured by the FHA. They offer competitive mortgage rates and have less stringent eligibility requirements. However, borrowers must pay a mortgage insurance premium. For instance, you can apply for an FHA loan with a credit score as low as 580. Co-applicants are allowed and you can qualify for a down payment as low as 3%.
- USDA loans: A zero down payment mortgage loan with low mortgage rates for suburban and rural homebuyers. The USDA doesn't require a minimum credit score, but most mortgage lenders require a minimum credit score of 640.
- VA loans: A zero down payment mortgage or a refinance of up to 120% of the home's value for American military members, veterans, and their spouses. VA loans offer competitive mortgage rates, and don't have a minimum credit score. However, the mortgage lenders that offer them will typically require a credit score of at least 640.
What property usage types does Berkshire Bank Mortgage allow?
Some mortgage lenders restrict the type of usage borrowers give mortgaged properties. Berkshire Bank Mortgage allows the following property usage types:
- Primary home
- Secondary homes and vacation properties
- Investment properties and house flipping projects
What is the customer service phone number?
The customer service number for this business card is (800) 773-5601.
Other Services by Berkshire Bank
- Washington, DC
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia