|Loan Amount||Up to $3,000,000|
|Loan Term (Years)||N/A|
|Credit Score Range||N/A|
|No Origination Fee||N/A|
Berkshire Bank Mortgage Review
Berkshire Bank Mortgage is offered by Berkshire Bank, founded in 1846 and based in Old Bethpage, NY. Berkshire Bank Mortgage is available in 48 states (and Washington, DC).
- 3 different mortgage programs offered. Berkshire Bank Mortgage offers FHA, USDA, VA, conforming, and conventional mortgages.
- Specializes in multi-family properties. Only offers mortgages for multi-family properties, but not for single-family homes or manufactured homes.
- Considers personal use and investment properties. Financing available for primary homes, vacation homes, and even investment homes, such as rental properties.
- Charges a prepayment fee. This means you will be charged an additional fee if you repay the mortgage early.
Berkshire Bank Mortgage Pros & Cons
Berkshire Bank Mortgage FAQ
How much can you borrow via Berkshire Bank?
Berkshire Bank Mortgage allows borrowers to apply for loan amounts of up to $3,000,000. Note that the maximum loan amount you can borrow will also vary depending on the type of mortgage you choose, regardless of the lender you choose.
What mortgage rates does Berkshire Bank offer?
Mortgage rates change daily based on market conditions and vary significantly depending on the loan type and the length of the term. For instance, fixed rate mortgages will typically have a higher interest rate than mortgages with variable rates, and jumbo loans usually have higher mortgage rates than conforming conventional loans. Find the best interest rate available to you by getting quotes from three or more mortgage lenders before choosing a home loan.
Do they charge mortgage origination fees?
Yes, Berkshire Bank Mortgage may charge a loan origination fee.
What mortgage programs are available?
Besides conventional mortgages, Berkshire Bank Mortgage offers the following mortgage types:
- FHA loans: FHA loans are mortgages insured by the FHA. They offer competitive mortgage rates and have less stringent eligibility requirements. However, borrowers must pay a mortgage insurance premium. For instance, you can apply for an FHA loan with a credit score as low as 580. Co-applicants are allowed and you can qualify for a down payment as low as 3%.
What property usage types does Berkshire Bank Mortgage allow?
Some mortgage lenders restrict the type of usage borrowers give mortgaged properties. Berkshire Bank Mortgage allows the following property usage types:
- Primary home
- Secondary homes and vacation properties
- Investment properties and house flipping projects
What is the customer service phone number?
The customer service number for Berkshire Bank Mortgage is (866) 970-3400.
What is the support contact email?
The support contact email for this business credit card is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Services by Berkshire Bank
Berkshire Bank Visa Signature® Real Rewards Credit Card
Berkshire Bank Premier Rewards American Express® Card
Berkshire Bank Cash Rewards American Express® Card
Berkshire Bank Visa® Platinum Card
Berkshire Bank Secured Visa® Card
Berkshire Bank Visa College Credit Card
Berkshire Bank Visa Signature® Max Cash Preferred Credit Card
- Washington, DC
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia