|Loan Term (Years)||8 - 30 years|
|Credit Score Range||580 - 850|
|No Origination Fee||N/A|
Commonwealth Mortgage Review
Commonwealth Mortgage are offered by NewFed Mortgage (NMLS #1881), a direct lender founded in 2000 and based in Danvers, MA. Commonwealth Mortgage are available in 16 states across the USA.
- 4 different mortgage programs offered. Commonwealth Mortgage offers FHA, USDA, VA, jumbo, conforming, and conventional mortgages.
- Financing for single-family and multi-family properties. However, NewFed Mortgage does not offer financing for manufactured homes.
- Standard interest rates types. Commonwealth Mortgage offers adjustable-rate mortgages and fixed-rate mortgages.
- Considers personal use and investment properties. Financing available for primary homes, vacation homes, and even investment homes, such as rental properties.
- Charges a prepayment fee. This means you will be charged an additional fee if you repay the mortgage early.
- Cosigner and coborrower applications accepted. A cosigner or coborrower can help you qualify for better rates and terms when applying for Commonwealth Mortgage.
- Fair credit accepted. Borrowers with a credit score as low as 580 may qualify for Commonwealth Mortgage.
- Maximum DTI ratio. Commonwealth Mortgage has a maximum debt-to-income ratio of 43%. Your DTI is calculated by dividing your monthly debts (including your proposed mortgage payment) by you monthly income and multiplying by 100.
Commonwealth Mortgage Pros & Cons
Commonwealth Mortgage FAQ
What is the maximum loan term you can get with Commonwealth Mortgage?
Commonwealth Mortgage offers mortgages with terms ranging from 8 to 30 years. Having the option of longer terms allows borrowers to take on larger loan amounts while keeping monthly payments more affordable. However, the longer the term of your loan, the more interest you will pay.
What mortgage rates does NewFed Mortgage offer?
Mortgage rates change daily based on market conditions and vary significantly depending on the loan type and the length of the term. For instance, fixed rate mortgages will typically have a higher interest rate than mortgages with variable rates, and jumbo loans usually have higher mortgage rates than conforming conventional loans. Find the best interest rate available to you by getting quotes from three or more mortgage lenders before choosing a home loan.
Do they charge mortgage origination fees?
Yes, Commonwealth Mortgage may charge a loan origination fee.
What mortgage programs are available?
Besides conventional mortgages, Commonwealth Mortgage offers the following mortgage types:
- FHA loans: FHA loans are mortgages insured by the FHA. They offer competitive mortgage rates and have less stringent eligibility requirements. However, borrowers must pay a mortgage insurance premium. For instance, you can apply for an FHA loan with a credit score as low as 580. Co-applicants are allowed and you can qualify for a down payment as low as 3%.
- Jumbo loans: Any mortgage with a loan amount above the conforming loan limits set by the Federal Housing Finance Agency ($548,250 as of 2021).
- USDA loans: A zero down payment mortgage loan with low mortgage rates for suburban and rural homebuyers. The USDA doesn't require a minimum credit score, but most mortgage lenders require a minimum credit score of 640.
- VA loans: A zero down payment mortgage or a refinance of up to 120% of the home's value for American military members, veterans, and their spouses. VA loans offer competitive mortgage rates, and don't have a minimum credit score. However, the mortgage lenders that offer them will typically require a credit score of at least 640.
What property usage types does Commonwealth Mortgage allow?
Some mortgage lenders restrict the type of usage borrowers give mortgaged properties. Commonwealth Mortgage allows the following property usage types:
- Primary home
- Secondary homes and vacation properties
- Investment properties and house flipping projects
What is the customer service phone number?
The customer service number for Commonwealth Mortgage is (800) 282-1149.
What is the support contact email?
The support contact email for this business credit card is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- North Carolina
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
|Credit Score Range||580 - 850|
|Employment Statuses Considered||
|Joint Loan Applications Accepted||
|Minimum Down Payment||0% - 3.5%|
|Verification Documents Required||
|Loan Term||8 - 30 years|
|Interest Rate Types Offered||